Unsure which licences to purchase

egs4385
egs4385
Community Member

Hello,

I wish to purchase 1Password as gifts for two family members. Person A uses two computers, 1x Windows 8 and 1x Windows 7, and Person B has two Macs, 1x 10.9 (Mavericks) and 1x 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

From what I can tell, 1Password 4 for Windows should be fine for Person A.

Would a 1Password 5 Mac licence work for older versions, namely 1Password 4.4.3/3.8.22? ... Ideally I'd like to give Person B the option to upgrade 1Password if/when they decide to update to Yosemite!

If a 1Password5 licence would work with legacy versions would I be able to purchase the "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" for this purpose?

Many thanks

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@egs4385‌

The 1Password 5 license will work with 1Password 4 they actually use the same license format. If you need a version 3 license you would need to get support to generate one for you. Which they are happy to do. Simply submit a request to support+license@agilebits.com

If both family members are living in the same household then yes a single license would cove them all.

See the license page for more information, including usage examples. https://agilebits.com/store/licenses

If you need more help then please ask away.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @thightower!

@egs4385‌, I just wanted to add that 1Password 4 for Mac will work on both Mac OS 10.8 and 10.9. If you need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.