Where are my passwords?

Problem
Hi!

I recently upgraded 1Password to version 3.5.1 (build 30802) and today, launching it for the first time, it doesn´t load my password file as usual. Instead, showed up a screen to build a new database. I don´t have acess now to all my stored passwords. The thing is I don´t know where my database is stored. Can someone help me please?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Faizar! I am sorry you are having this problem.

Please restore a backup from the File menu within 1Password: "Restore Data File from Backup..."

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
  • Faizar
    edited December 2010
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, Faizar! I am sorry you are having this problem.

Please restore a backup from the File menu within 1Password: "Restore Data File from Backup..."

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Thanks Khad. That´s exactly the problem, I don´t have a backup... unless the program created one in some directory on my hard drive I don´t know about... Where is it supposed to be stored? I never did a backup, because when I installed and upgraded the other new versions, this problem never occured...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please open 1Password, click the File menu, and then click the menu item "Restore Data File from Backup…"

Is there nothing listed in that window?

Your most recent backup will be listed at the top and automatically highlighted. All you need to do is click the "Restore Backup…" button. I have attached mine for reference.

If you're still having trouble, could you please take a screenshot of your Restore Data File Backup window? You can take a screenshot by pressing Command-Shift-3. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop. You can attach it to a reply to this message.

Thanks!
  • Thanks once again Khad. I did what you instructed me... but the only backup existent regards the data i had to insert after all my passwords are gone... this is, i still can´t have acess to previous backups, simply are not there. Is it possible that it has anything to do to the new version of the program?

Thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then attach the report to an email to support@agile.ws. Please include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots."

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report to the forums.
  • Done! Thanks once again...
This discussion has been closed.