Need help: setup 1PW4 on iOS7

Options
tofu4brains
tofu4brains
Community Member

Am helping a friend set up 1PW4 on iOS7 (she has 1PW4 working fine on iMac OSX10.9) but I am not familiar w/ iPhones. 1PW4 is installed on the iPhone and synced to PW vault via Dropbox, but I can't figure out how to get the browser (Safari) to recognize 1PW, as there is no 1PW icon as on iMac. Where can I find a tutorial to walk me through the installation, as I can find nothing on this website for 1PW4 - the Knowledgebase is for 1PW5. (Updating to iOS8/1PW5 is not an option.)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tofu4brains‌ 1P4 for iOS did not offer Safari integration. That came only with 1P5 for iOS—which, as you say, needs iOS 8. It was iOS 8 that introduced the ability for 1P to integrate with Safari.

I hope I've answered the question you were asking but if I've misunderstood please post again. Incidentally, if you go to this page you'll find the knowledge bases for both 1P4 for iOS and 1P4 for Mac (as well as those for the 1P5 versions).

Stephen

• tofu4brains
    tofu4brains
    Community Member
    Options

The manual for using 1P4 for iOS7 does not include how to set up so I can access 1P while in a browser. The Knowledge base for iOS does not cover this either.

So my question is: how do I access 1P passwords while in a browser? On a Mac I use the 1P icon on the menu bar, but there is no icon in iOS. Does 1Browser automatically access 1P? Sorry if these questions are dumb, but I don't have/use an iPhone....

p.s. - also, could you please delete my post #2?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi @tofu4brains‌

There are only two options.

1. Use the 1Browser included with 1Password for iOS
    2. Jump between 1Password and iOS Safari, using copy and paste to fill in the different fields.

Because of the sandboxed nature of iOS there simply wasn't a way to mimic the OS X 1Password browser extension you're used to using. The first opportunity was with iOS 8 as Stephen_C previously mentioned. Sorry there isn't a better answer.

Oh and I've deleted your #2 post as requested.

This discussion has been closed.