forgot master password for IOS, but still have master password for Windows

Options
Mulong Li
Mulong Li
Community Member

I'm using 1Password on both IOS and Windows, syncing with Dropbox. I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but I've always been having different passwords for them.

I recently changed my master password. I did so for both platforms, same password (at lease I believe so). Now I can still log in on my Windows, but IOS tells me my password is wrong. Can anyone help me on this?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mulong Li

How do you sync and are there any item on your iOS device's vault that wouldn't be on your Windows machine vault?

• Mulong Li
    Mulong Li
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I sync with Dropbox. iOS and Windows have the same items.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mulong Li

If you sync with Dropbox and both should contain all the same items then the easiest way to resolve this issue would be to delete 1Password for iOS and reinstall it afterwards. This will let you start with a fresh copy and when you set it up as an existing user, connecting it to your Dropbox account, it should use the same Master Password as 1Password for Windows.

Please let us know how you get along or if you have any questions do please ask :smile:

• Mulong Li
    Mulong Li
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that. deleted the app, reboot iPhone, reinstall, set up as existing user, sync with Dropbox, then I typed the master password, didn't work. And I just tried the same password on my PC, it worked with my Windows 1Passoword. Dropbox is on in both platforms, synced as well.

• Mulong Li
    Mulong Li
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I just tried "WiFi Sync" from Windows, it worked! Now the password can be recognized by the iOS app. Thanks for helping.

• Mulong Li
    Mulong Li
    Community Member
    Options

I guess it's not fixed yet. seems now my app can only sync with the Windows 1Password on the same WiFi. When I tried to sync with dropbox again, it showed the all items are 100% similiar, but password is different. And I don't what the password is for the app. What should I do? I don't want to sync only when they're in the same WiFi.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mulong Li‌,

I'm sorry this is still a problem for you. As long as the same keychain file in Dropbox is syncing with 1Password on Windows and your iOS device, I don't know why they would be using different master passwords. To help figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from Windows and one from iOS:

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

—Windows—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#win

Then email those files to us at: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the reports will help us to keep an eye out for them.  :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Mulong Li
    Mulong Li
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, things are getting more wired and completed.. I was trying to unlock my Windows 1Passoword to generate the diagnostics reports, when I found the password that I remembered didn't work! Now I don't know what happened.
    Luckily, during my last Wifi sync, I unlocked my iPhone app, then disabled sync, and used iOS keychain, so I don't have to type the long password. Now I can still access all my items in the app, but not in the Windows.
    I have sent the reports along with the link to this thread, but I don't know what a "forum handle" is.

• Ben
    Options

It appears that we've already received your diagnostic reports and have replied with a question. We'll await your email response. Thanks!

ref: NZN-55822-985

This discussion has been closed.