Not available from Google Play in French Polynesia

fred98702
fred98702
Community Member

Hi,
Been a user of 1Password for some time on my Mac and needed to install its Android version on a Galaxy S4 and Motorola phone but I got a message saying "not available in your country". How so ? French Polynesia is a French Territory and I had no problem getting it for my Mac in the past.
Could you enable Android download for us please so we can keep having our data safely stored when here and when we travel abroad ?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi @fred98702‌

1Password for Android is handled through the Play Store, so unfortunately there is no way to install 1Password in countries where it isn't available through the Play Store. :(

However, if you would like to become a beta tester, you're welcome to sign up for our beta newsletter. That way you would be able to install the beta version on your Android, if you don't mind the upkeep associated with beta testing.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@peri that doesn't really answer the question of why it's not available in the Play store.

• fred98702
    fred98702
    Community Member

Hi Perry

So how come I was able to get it for my iMac and can't for my Android device ? Isn't that a major discrepancy ?
    What about when I am overseas: will I be able to download it from say New Zealand next time I'm there ?

• Since 1Password for Android is handled through Google Play, it's up to Google to decide which countries our application will be available in.

With that said, you should be able to download it the next time you're in New Zealand. :)

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Right, so it's all paid for apps, not just 1Password.

• Right. It comes with the territory, so to speak. :)

This discussion has been closed.