1Password 5 on iOS7?

ToeniBiker
ToeniBiker
Community Member

I've just licensed 1Password on my Mac (OS 10.10.1) and migrated all passwords. Now I wanted to install 1Password on my iPhone4, which is running only iOS7. Is there any possibility to get an older version of 1Password. The one in the AppStore only runs with iOS8. And if yes, can it synchronize with 1Password 5?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@ToeniBiker‌

The App Store, if I am not mistaken will prompt you to purchase and download the version that is compatible with your device. A little old but should still be relevant download compatable apps

1Password 5 requires Yosemite

1Password 5 (Mac App Store) also offers iCloud and Dropbox syncing.
    1Password 5 (AgileBits website) is Dropbox sync only.

You didn't specify which version you were running.

• iCloud syncing would only be available to you if you were on iOS 8. Both iOS 8 and Yosemite use CloudKit syncing. CloudKit is only available on those OS's, this would rule out the option for iCloud syncing.

• You only option would be Dropbox.

• Additionally Wifi sync may be an option.
    • ** I have not used wifi sync since the very early early days of 1Password so I am definitely not one to ask for technical details on it or its use. Sorry.

More information on syncing : Syncing 1Password

• Hi, @ToeniBiker‌.

If you are attempting to download 1Password for the first time, the App Store will not offer the download of an older version. You must already own the app for the older version to be offered.

If you do not already own 1Password, you can try downloading it from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC using the same Apple ID you are using on your iOS 7 device. The app will then be associated with your account and you should then be offered an older version (version 4) if you attempt to download 1Password again on the iOS 7 device.

(Instructions taken from https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/app-store-downloading-older-versions-of-apps-ios)

• ToeniBiker
    ToeniBiker
    Community Member

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply. I had a hugh mess with my iPhone and the synchronization. Now that the iPhone is ready to be used again, I've tried your recommendations. Downloading the App on the iPhone directly and not over iTunes, as I tried it before, chooses the correct version. Then I went for the WLAN sync option and it worked right away.

Thank you very much for your assistance and Happy Holidays!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear you've got everything working @ToeniBiker - wonderful news :grinning:

This discussion has been closed.