How to purchase license for 3.8.22

Do the licenses for version 5 work for version 3? If not, where do I purchase a license for 3? I'm on 10.7 OS. Would I be able to share with someone who has version 5?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@merrickmgt‌

The simplest method is to purchase a version 5 license and then email support+license@agilebits.com and they can generate a version 3 license key for you.

This is the method the staff have been recommending for folks just like yourself. When you submit the email, make sure it comes from the same account used to purchase the version 5 license.

After submitting you will receive an automated reply with a tracking number. Please post that tracking number back here so if one of the admins stops in they can locate the email process that version 3 key for you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the assist, @thightower! :smiley:

@merrickmgt, I believe we now automatically generate a version 3 license code when you purchase a version 5 license, so that should make things a bit easier for you. But if you have any questions, please let us know.

• merrickmgt
    merrickmgt
    Community Member

Thank you both, appreciate it!

• merrickmgt
    merrickmgt
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Oh, I forgot one thing. Someone gave me a gifted copy and supplied me with a link, but I cannot get my downloaded copy of 1password v3 to accept this license:

Edited for privacy reasons - please remember not to post personal information on this site:)

I just wanted to check before I purchased a new copy, thanks!

• Hi @merrickmgt - thanks for getting back to us! That license should be fine - I'm going to DM you a "registration link" that you can use to activate your license:)

This discussion has been closed.