Switched to Iphone 6

Options
lord_Tombs
lord_Tombs
Community Member

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 and when I restored from the backup of my old Iphone 5 neither of my password file was not there. It asked me to sync, but I do not have it synced, it is stored on my phone. How can I get the file to transfer, I have never had this issue when switching phones in the past.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lord_Tombs‌ I don't have much experience of restoring from a backup but I'm wondering if you still have access to the old iPhone 5. If you do we can pull a 1Password backup folder off of it using iTunes and copy that to your new iPhone 6. Is that a possibility?

• lord_Tombs
    lord_Tombs
    Community Member
    Options

I do have access to the old one, and could use dropbox to sync it, but really didnt want to put the file out in "The Cloud". Don't understand why it didn't come over this time.

Not sure how I would isolate one file in iTunes to transfer.

Thank you for the input...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lord_Tombs‌

On your old iPhone 5 go into 1Password for iOS and enter Settings > Advanced. Do you see an option in there titled Create Backup? If you do, use the button to create a backup and then connect your old iPhone 5 to iTunes. Here's a link to Apple's guide on File Sharing (It's a little more spartan than usual in terms of images) and here's link to our guide on iTunes Backups.

That between those (mostly our guide) you should see how you can create a backup vault on your old iPhone 5 and transfer it to your new iPhone 6 using iTunes as a middleman. If you have any questions regarding the process do please ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.