Feature request: Two-step authentication indication

jsetsaas
jsetsaas
Community Member

Hi,

It would be really nice if the database could also hold information about two-step authentication, as well as how this is set up (code card, text message, Google authenticator etc).

The next step would then of course be that you keep track of which sites supports two-step authentication, and could warn me of this in the UI.

My two cents...
... to a really great product :-)

Best regards
John Erik

Comments

• ricperry1
    ricperry1
    Community Member

I would also really appreciate this feature. I'd also buy a stand-alone program from agilebits if it's as good as 1password and secured by TouchID.

• Thanks for the suggestion, folks! TFA is certainly becoming much more popular, and as a result we definitely need to evaluate how we can best help our customers with it.

• aorrdalca
    aorrdalca
    Community Member

The original poster (John Erik) has made an excellent suggestion, one that I was also thinking about in a different context, and something that AgileBits should seriously consider.

In addition, I wonder whether it's possible to use a Touch ID sensor on an iPhone attached to the same network as a computer running 1P to function as a second step authentication. This would seem to address any key logger vulnerability.

• Thanks, @aorrdalca‌. That is indeed a very interesting idea, and one that has been brought up before. I'm not sure of the technical feasibility or the security consequences at this point but I'm sure those are things our developers are looking at.

• I second this request! I manually go through this list https://twofactorauth.org, make the account updates and add a 2FA tag to the login.

• Thanks. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

That's a great list and like how companies are going this route. My issue is some of these websites that don't support a password over 10 characters. It's now 2015 and I have a few sites that have this issue, it might be 16 is the limit, but still weak.

• Agreed. 10 is pretty unacceptably low.

This discussion has been closed.