Attachment problems in 5.1.1

voimala
voimala
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I attached a PDF file to a login item on a Mac and it synced well to another Mac. However on iOS I see a field that appears to be the attachment: judging by the name only because the field does not have a label. When I tap that field it takes me to a spinner screen that says "Loading", but it does not seem to work, so I cancel it after about 5 minutes.

When I tap Edit I see the editing screen the label does not appear either. Also if I edit this login item, then tap the attachment, and then tap Back the app reveals my password although I did not ask it to. What gives?

So to sum up: the attachment does not load. The attachment field has no label. Weird editing behaviour. Don't know if it was in 5.1 or started with 5.1.1.

iOS 8.1, 1P 5.1.1

Comments

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. Newly added PDF and JPG attachments to logins on my MAC no longer sync to iOS. I'm on Yosemite using 1P5 on my MAC and iOS 8.1 using Cloud Sync. The file attachment name syncs, but no file icon and of course, nothing to view when clicked.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I don't know how this contributes, but I can report that this isn't a universal issue. I attached a new jpg to a dummy record in version 5.0.2, which arrived to me this morning from AgileBits. It synced via Dropbox to my iPad and iPhone, where I had no trouble viewing it.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you please let me know what sync method you are using? @planetkingdom‌ You mentioned "Cloud Sync" ... Do you mean iCloud sync? Or do you mean Dropbox?

Please let us know.

• voimala
    voimala
    Community Member

@hawkmoth‌ it contributes in a way that I tried attaching a png image myself, which synced and showed fine on both OS X and iOS, but I cannot delete this attachment from the iOS app. So I am adding this to my list of issues.

If you could test with a PDF file that would be most useful.

• voimala
    voimala
    Community Member

@bwoodruff‌ iCloud for me.

• but I cannot delete this attachment from the iOS app. So I am adding this to my list of issues.

That is working as intended. iOS does not have the ability to delete/edit/add attachments. There is, however, a bug where deleting the attachment from your computer does not remove it from iOS. We're looking into that.

iCloud for me.

Okay, thanks for the info.

• voimala
    voimala
    Community Member

@bwoodruff‌ then I'm officially requesting such a feature. No such ability seems counterintuitive to me.

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

@bwoodruff‌ I am using iCloud Drive sync. Perhaps the issue is limited to iCloud Drive since it appears to work with Dropbox sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @voilmala,

You're certainly not the first person to suggest this feature - I'm happy to add a vote for you to the feature request in our internal tracker.

ref: OPI-1027

Hi @planetkingdom‌

Let's try resetting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Do your attachments show up properly now?

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

@megan Thanks so much for your detailed instructions to reset iCloud sync. I wanted to wait to do the procedure until I was able to complete it undisturbed.

I followed the sequence carefully and unfortunately, the new PDF would not sync successfully. The old PDF which were synced on each device prior to the newest versions of 1Password on iOD and Mac App Store continue to open successfully on the iOS devices but the new synced PDF files did not have content.

I chose "Merge" upon restarting each iOS device and the MAC.

Any other suggestions? At this point, I'm not sure how to get new PDF attachments onto iOS 1Password.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@planetkingdom is there anything special about this PDF - like is it maybe relative;y large?

Also you mention that you choose "Merge" upon restarting each device - what do you mean by that? Is that happening when you re-enable iCloud sync? Because that shouldn't happen, as you removed all iCloud data.

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

@winn Thanks for your note. Then pdf is about 150kb in size so its not that big. I did delete the iCloud backup but each device was no longer in sync when I re-enabled iCloud syncing so I'm assuming that while my iOS !P were synced, the iOS 1P file and the Mac 1P file were not so they were merged to create the current 1P iCloud back up.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @planetkingdom‌ While we wait to see what @Winnie‌ thinks of this it may be worthwhile doing the following:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Thanks for your replay. I have sent a Diagnostic Report from my iPhone as requested. Any suggestions to fix this problem would be appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @planetkingdom‌,

I wasn't able to find any recent email messages with a diagnostics report from the email address associated with your forum account. If you haven't received a reply to that email yet and want to make sure we've received it, please send me a private message with the email address you used to send it, and I'll be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered as soon as possible. Thanks!

• planetkingdom
    planetkingdom
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Thanks for the various suggestions. I have found a work-around. I have created a new record for the new attachment and the same PDF or JPG which would sync under the old record now syncs under the new record. In the old record, the new attachment was the second attachment behind an original attachment. While the old first attachment continued to be viewable, I was never able to sync and open the second attachment. This doesn't fix the bug or problem but its a practical solution and we can all go back to striving for world peace. Happy New Year!

• Thanks for letting us know about that workaround, @planetkingdom‌!

This discussion has been closed.