address for payment to Agilebits

Options
texasjohn
texasjohn
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Lounge

my bank just alerted me to my payment for my agilebits license going to St Thomas, Democratic republic of Congo. I thought you were a Canadian company, so I am worried about the payment being correctly received.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'd be worried too. Can you describe the steps you used to make your purchase? Did you respond to an email solicitation by clicking a link? AgileBits is indeed a Canadian company, based in Toronto.

• texasjohn
    texasjohn
    Community Member
    Options

I responded to the alert on my 1password icon that my trial subscription was up, I followed the prompts from there, and received affirmation of my subscription. The bank was not very helpful, and told me to file a fraud report if it went badly.

• Hi @texasjohn,

I just looked up your order using your registered forum email address, and it looks like the transaction was successful.

We are in fact a Canadian company. Is it possible the payment went to St. Thomas, Ontario?

• texasjohn
    texasjohn
    Community Member
    Options

It was sent to the Congo, according to the bank, but like I say they were pretty not-helpful when I called (Wells Fargo). I suspected a typo or confusion by an automated system. I will wait to see what happens next, since so far all is seeming normal. Can you tell me the best way to address questions directly to Agilebits? That was unclear to me, which is why I used this format. Thanks for the reply.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @texasjohn‌

Sorry for the scare.

You are speaking directly to AgileBits -- @JasperP and myself are AgileBits employees. Payments to us through our online store do go to St Thomas, but it is St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada... Not St. Thomas, Democratic Republic of Congo (which does not appear to be a real place?).

Thanks.

Ben

• texasjohn
    texasjohn
    Community Member
    Options

Great, Thanks. I am trying to stay safe, which is why I bought the program to start with. Happy New Year!

• Ben
    Options

Totally understandable. Thanks! Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.