American Express auto login not work

Attempted to use auto login feature in the iPhone version. The username and password is populated into the correct fields (the password is revealed instead of dots). When I press submit the Amex site returns an error that I have left fields blank.

Any help appreciated.

Great app btw.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Unfortunately, the American Express site is doing several things that make life difficult for 1Password. They are using some JavaScript tricks that modify the form before submitting it. If you copy and paste the password into the field using the credentials curtain (the globe icon at the bottom of the screen), do you have better results?

Please let me know how it turns out. Thanks! :-)
  • Hello Khad and thank you for responding to my query so quickly.

I tried your suggestion but I did not get the intended result. Not even sure that I am doing it correctly. I can manually login with Safari for the iPhone. Bit of a shame that I can't make it work with 1Password.

It's a terrific application. Keep up the great work!

Regards, Rick
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you open the American Express site in 1Password's built-in browser, you should be able to have one-tap access to the credentials curtain (the globe icon at the bottom of the screen). From here you can simply tap your username and password and paste each into the form.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!
  • It doesn't work. No big deal. Thanks anyway.
  • JamesMays
    JamesMays
    Community Member
    Up until a couple of weeks ago the Amex mobile site, www.amexmobile.com, worked just fine. But now it doesn't fill-in the username and password. I can copy and paste the info into the form, but it's not as convenient of course.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Welcome to the forums, JamesMays!

I am able to save and fill a login at the URL that amexmobile.com redirects to:

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/mobl/us/redirect.do

Please ensure that the URL is correct and that the username field is called "UserID" instead of "username." I went to amexmobile.com on my Mac, saved a login, and synced it to my iPhone, but you can create the item manually on your iPhone as well. Just make sure to change the username field name and use the correct URL. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Hey Khad. I got it to work this time. Determined to make this work I tapped on the ARROW symbol in the credentials curtain and wallah, it logs me in!

I can't praise this app enough. Thank you.

Rick
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    So great to hear. We really appreciate your kind words! :-D

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
  • JamesMays
    JamesMays
    Community Member
    It's really weird but I still can't get the mobile Amex site to work with the auto login. I reinstalled the app and restored from a backup but that didn't make a difference. Could this have something to do with the 4.2.1 update?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    James,

Consider manually (re)saving the Amex Mobile login on your Mac or PC and syncing it to your device. I am not able to reproduce the issue. Autofill is working well for me with 1Password. :S
This discussion has been closed.