Swedish translation of 1Password for Android

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Android

You urged people to join the Crowdin project for translating 1Password 4 for Android in the latest newsletter. Because of this, I will need proofreader status on the project, because many contributions will simply not be very good. I need to make sure they don't end up in the application. For example, already someone has failed to properly translate the very simple noun "email".

I am currently the proofreader of the iOS and Mac projects. My Crowdin username is 228382. I have already started to translate the application.

Related issue: In some places, like in labels, the Android project doesn't pick suggestions from the iOS and Mac projects, only the older 1Password 3 project. This means I have to manually search each term in iOS and paste it in Android project. Please fix this, it would save some time.

Comments

• Hi @Xe997‌,

I've upgraded your permissions to give you proofreader status on Crowdin. I'm still looking into the issue with suggestions not showing from our other projects though. Hopefully I can get that resolved shortly. Thank you for your work in translating the app!

Cheers,
    Michael

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

@mverde‌

Thanks! You could include the Swedish translations in the next beta. They need to be tested by real users, right now they are correct in the strictly grammatical sense but many of them will probably sound wrong because of the context. So I will hold off approving strings for now.

Also, can you please rename this thread to "Swedish translation of 1Password for Android"? I think it's a good idea to have discussions about translating in one place.

• Having discussions about translating into Swedish in a single thread is a good idea. The name of this thread has been updated accordingly.

We pushed out a new beta on Friday (4.0.2b4) which included localizations for French, Portuguese, Romanian and Swedish. The translations for each of those localizations were current as of Friday morning. If you haven't already updated to the latest beta, you should be prompted to the next time you launch the 1Password 4 beta on your Android device.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

@mverde‌

I made some translations today, most notably I corrected an error where Login were mistaken as a noun (after seeing a comment by another user), and I translated the Play Store description. My question is: will these and other translations I made today (August 19) make it into the 4.1 release of 1Password for Android?

• @Xe997 The translations within the app itself were set on Friday, so the new changes that you made this morning will not go live until our next update. The Play Store description can be submitted independently from the app itself though, so I was able to upload your translated Play Store description. That was a few hours ago, so I would think that it should be live now for Swedish users on Google Play. Thanks for all of your help in getting that translated!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mverde‌

Can you update the translation in the Play Store? The English description is up to date (it includes Try 1Password for free today and see for yourself why The Guardian ranks us as one of "The best Android apps of 2014".). However the Swedish one is not updated, it contains the old "limited period" string at the beginning and some odd translations that I have corrected on Crowdin.

• @Xe997‌ I just uploaded the updated Swedish translation of the app description to Google Play (it should start showing up in a couple of hours). In addition, we plan on updating the strings in the app itself in an upcoming update, so there should be some new strings to translate on CrowdIn shortly. Thanks once again for your help!

This discussion has been closed.