What's the Deal with the Affiliate Program?

Options
MLMBarracks
MLMBarracks
Community Member

Hello there,

Today, I was taking a look at a few things inside my ShareASale account and I stumbled across this:

Hello, 1Password is now available in Mac App Store and we expect most customers will purchase 1Password there. We will therefore be winding down the affiliate program over the next few months. New affiliate applications will not be accepted and we will close our ShareASale account before year end. If you wish to continue promoting 1Password, we recommend switching to Mac App Store affiliate program.

I don't exactly understand what the deal is here. I promote 1Password, but haven't yet signed up to Mac App Store affiliate program. If I sign up and start sending my visitors to buy 1Password at the Mac App Store will I still receive commissions on all versions of 1Password. Like, most of my visitors have Windows.

Also, where's the sales page to buy 1Password at the Mac App Store?

I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on us here.

Cheers.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MLMBarracks‌

We do not currently have an affiliate program, but you can apply for Apple's affiliate advertising programs through Linkshare (linkshare.com, in the US, Canada, and Europe) and TradeDoubler (tradedoubler.com, in other countries). Those are great advertising networks that Apple uses to run its App Store and Mac App Store affiliate programs, and you can earn commissions on affiliate sales of 1Password (and any other apps you like!) through them.

Also, where's the sales page to buy 1Password at the Mac App Store?

Here's the link to find 1Password in the the Mac App Store.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member
    Options

Apple's Affiliate program is no longer run by Linkshare. Its now Performance Horizon Group and you can apply via this link:

https://itunes.phgconsole.performancehorizon.com/login/itunes/en_us

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for updating the thread with that URL, @GoShawn! You're absolutely correct.

If anyone would feel a bit safer starting at an apple.com URL (even though it ultimately goes to the same place):

https://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.