1Password and 1Password 5 on same Mac

Options
3scubakids
3scubakids
Community Member

I couldn't figure out why my Password app on my iMac was not syncing with my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Air. Looking into to it, I appear to have 1Password and 1Password 5 on my iMac. 1Password is what I have been using primarily so it has my most and up to date passwords, but I can't sync with iCloud. 1Password 5 allows me to sync to iCloud but all the passwords are not up to date.

How do I unravel this mess without losing my passwords?

Comments

• 3scubakids
    3scubakids
    Community Member
    Options

Here is more information....I guess my iMac syncs with my iPhone via dropbox and my Macair syncs with my iPad via iCloud. So really I need to merge the 2 systems.
    IMAC....main list of passwords is on 1Password 5 and has 85 items..Does not have an option to sync with iCloud; and i also have 1Password on my iMac that does sync via iCloud and with my iPad and mac air

Macbook Air...1Password...can sync with icloud but doesn't have my most up to date passwords from imac only from Macbook Air...has 70 items

Iphone 6.....1password and syncs via dropbox and has 85 items and is synced with my imac

I have password pro

Ipad 2 mini 1password and syncs via icloud and has 70 items...syncs with my macbook air

At one time, I thought they all synced.

Please help me unravel this mess.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @3scubakids‌

Can you create a list for me please. Before we start making any suggestions it would be best to confirm the following per device; OS version e.g. iOS 7 or 8, Mavericks or Yosemite and version of 1Password.

As an example of my own devices:

MacBook Pro : Yosemite and 1Password 5 (MAS)

iPhone : iOS 8 and 1Password 5

For 1Password version numbers, on the Mac it is simply 1Password > About 1Password and that will also tell you where you purchased it from, either Mac App Store or Agile Web Store. In iOS if you go into Settings you will find the version number in the small block of text just above where it says Advanced.

Once you've done that we can proceed.

• 3scubakids
    3scubakids
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the information...sorry for the delay with the holidays..hope you had a good one
    **Mac Air: ** Yosemite 10.10.1/1Password…version 5.0.2/ Syncs via icloud Logins 64; Credit card 3; Identites 3

Ipad Mini: ISO 8.1.2 ….1Password..Pro FeaturesSyncs via icloud…… Login in 64 Credit Cards 3 Identities 3

Imac: (has 2 Password apps on it) Yosemite 10.10.1/ 1Password 5 version 5.0.2 Syncs via dropbox …icloud not an option logins 82 Credit Cards 3 Identities 3 /1Password version 5.02 (502006) Sync with IcloudLogins 64; Credit card 3; Identites 3

Iphone 6: 8.1.2 1Password…Pro Features Syncs via Dropbox…Icloud not an option (can't figure out which version but all updates have been done) Logins 82 Credit Cards 3 Identities 3

• 3scubakids
    3scubakids
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I was able to fix it on my own!....thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @3scubakids‌ If you have any problems in the future please do post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.