Application Update not working AND Safari Extension not working

I am using 1Password app for Mac Version 3.8.21 (build 32009). When I click on "1Password", "Check for Updates", it tells me that 1Password 3.8.22 is now available, and asks me if i would like to install this new version now. I click "Install Update", it downloads the 19,125k update, but pauses at 19,072k for about 10 or 15 seconds. Then it extracts the update, but says "An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again." Trying again does not work. Switching to download from Primary to Alternate does not work. The same thing happens every time no matter what I've tried.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm also having trouble with the Safari Extension. When I click on the key lock icon at the top of my Safari, it opens a new tab and says "Failed to open page. Safari can't open the specified address. Safari can't open "onepassword4-extension://activate/safari" because OS X doesn't recognize internet addresses starting with "onepassword4-extension:", and I get a pop-up window that states "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari. Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer."

I've tried uninstalling the extension using the Safari, Preferences, Uninstall, and I've tried reinstalling a fresh extension by clicking "get extensions" and selecting 1Password.

Of course I have completely closed my Safari and 1Password app, and I have shut-down my computer. My computer is an early 2008 iMac with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1 and I have 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You could try downloading the 3.8.22 update directly from this page (look towards the bottom of the page).

Try that, see if you can install the update and then check Safari again. It's so long since I used 1P3 I can't recall the details so someone else will have to help you with that problem if it continues: sorry!

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@stever‌

I can also say that the download link for 1Password 3 on our Downloads page at https://agilebits.com/downloads definitely works.

As for the extension, the 1Password 4 extension is for 1Password 4 and 1Password 5 whereas you need the older extension given you want to run 1Password 3. The way to install the 1Password 3 extension is via 1Password 3's menu as it will take you to the right page.

Let us know how you get along.

• stever
    stever
    Community Member

@Stephen_C and @littlebobbytables‌
    Thank you both so much. Your responses were fast and accurate, and it was easy to fix my problems following the instructions you provided.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of @Stephen_C and @littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! :smiley: I'm glad to hear that helped to solve the problem. If you need anything else, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.