1password for Blackberry Passport

easyridertx
easyridertx
Community Member

Will 1password work on Blackberry Passport? I have downloaded the android version. When I try to link it to Dropbox it just recycles back to the start page. Is there a solution? The only solution know currently is to change to Enpass for all my devices. I am very happy with my past experience with 1password. I am now using Blackberry Passport and if I cannot get 1password working on the Passport I will have to change. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2015

Hi @easyridertx‌

We would like to support BlackBerry in the future, but unfortunately, BlackBerry isn't officially supported at this time. However, you should be able to access your 1Password vault using 1Password Anywhere, providing that you're syncing with Dropbox.

Just log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain folder. This will allow you read-only access to your vault data, so that you'll be able to access your passwords on your BlackBerry.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help here. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

• gryan88
    gryan88
    Community Member

@easyridertx‌
    Try sideloading the dropbox android apk.
    The 1password app doesn't look for the native BB10 dropbox functionality when setting up. If you have the dropbox android app installed it goes there and you're good to go. (mind you the premium features will expire)

• Great to hear that workaround. Thanks for sharing that with us!

• marcel12
    marcel12
    Community Member

Hello Agilebits staff,

I am a long time a happy user of 1password on my Mac and iPad. I have asked, just as many others, for a Blackberry version (not Android workarounds). I noticed it is now for two years that the topic on this forum was started by Sparrowhawk. (New Product Request: 1Password for BlackBerry 10, Started by sparrowhawk, 18 Feb 2013).
    Two years later and still no BB version and no telling why or what. What is the policy of Agilebits concerning a BB app. I am really disappointed about this. I know, the other platforms are more popular But I hope you keep in mind that BB users are also Apple, Android or Windows users. My happiness about Agilebits is dropping after two years waiting!

Regards,
    Marcel

• @marcel12
    Thank you for writing in and expressing your desire for a native 1Password app for BlackBerry.

Unfortunately at this time we are not working on such a native version for BlackBerry. I have a rather small team and need to focus our efforts. This allows us to create better apps for the devices that we are currently developing for. Currently that list includes Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and soon an updated Windows Tablet/Phone app.

Does this mean I never want to create a native app on BlackBerry? No. I would be happy to have such a native app and in the future may do so, but at the present will continue to focus on constantly improving 1Password for our current devices.

I hope this helps answer your question, even if it is not the answer you were hoping for.

• mhagge
    mhagge
    Community Member

I would also appreciate a native BB10-App, but as long as the Android version running on the BB10 devices that is not the main-problem, i think. One way to update to the pro version would be nice

• Thanks for the input, @mhagge! We'll keep this in mind for the future. :)

• mocquery
    mocquery
    Community Member

I understand the constraints re staff but this has become a serious tool for people like me, who have now moved back to the Blackberry platform. I've been Apple/Android for many years but migrated to Blackberry Passport this week. Imagine not having my 899 passwords on tap. Missing the latest build on this platform is a real shame. Yes we can use the base reader and work arounds but it's not really a solution. This platform should be acknowledged as a viable route to market. Many business users would I'm sure benefit from having this developed. BB has taken few hits but the users are on their way back.

• Thanks for your thoughtful input, @mocquery. As Jeff noted previously, we are not currently working on building a native BB app. That said, you are absolutely right that many business users would benefit from 1Password on BlackBerry.

We'll take your feedback into consideration for the future. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.