Some bugs i've found (4.6b9)

Options
chrizkro
chrizkro
Community Member

Hi there!

1. When I check my "Personal Identity" i've seen my birth date is wrong (10.08.81, the right is 11.08.81).
    First I thought it was my fail, but when I correct it and saved it, it is 10.08.81 again.

2. Quick Unlock ask me for my passcode immediately, no matter what time I've chosen for request.

My Device: iPhone 5, iOS8 Beta 4

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chrizkro,

1. Did you originally save this item in a different time zone than you're in right now? The time zone difference is the only thing I can think of that might explain this weird bug.
    2. Is Lock on Exit enabled in the Settings > Security? If it is, it will always ask you for the PIN as soon as you exit the app. Try turning this off and see if it'll work the way you expect it
  • chrizkro
    chrizkro
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

1. No, i've never been in a different time zone :/
      //Edit: I correct it on my Mac (Yosemite Public Beta 1 with 1P 4.5 Beta-10), sync over Wifi to my iDevice and it worked.

2. Yes, you're right, but i've thought it worked with "Lock on Exit " in the past. The App is still open in the Multitasking.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chrizkro,

1. Can you edit it again using the iOS app and see if it reproduces the wrong date, it might be the way we interpret dates on iOS that's causing the issue.
    2. No, Lock on exit always meant to lock it as soon as you leave the app, even if it is still opened in the background.
  • chrizkro
    chrizkro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌ ,

Yes I can reproduce it, when I edit it again.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chrizkro,

Are you using a non-English locale on your iOS devices? I can't reproduce this on my iPad. I entered 10/8/81 and it sticks for me.

• chrizkro
    chrizkro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌,

Yes, i'm from Germany.

• Thanks for the report, @chrizkro, I've gotten this one entered into our bug reporter. Sorry for the trouble!

• chrizkro
    chrizkro
    Community Member
    Options

No Problem! I love to help!

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

And that's why you and our community are awesome. 1Password simply is better with you guys involved in helping us.

• AndyP
    AndyP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@‌chrizkro,

I am looking to the bug you reported about your Personal Identity and its birthday being formatted wrong. Could you re-test this again with our latest beta running (4.6.BETA-14) on iOS 8 Beta 5? Does it still fail to save / display correctly? Just to confirm, is your Region set to German or both the region and the language (Settings.app > General > Language & Region) set to German?

Thanks a ton!
    -Andy

• chrizkro
    chrizkro
    Community Member
    Options

@AndyP‌ Yes the bug is still there with Beta 14 and iOS 8 Beta 5. I post you some screens!

• AndyP
    AndyP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrizkro‌ Thanks for confirming and posting the screenshots!

• Hi @chrizkro‌,

I am writing to check to see if you are still having the date saving bug in your identity. Are you still seeing the problem in the latest version? If so, what version of 1Password are you currently using and what version of iOS 8 are you using?

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.