ICloud Sync

Options
brownfc00
brownfc00
Community Member

I sync with iCloud and 1Password reloads old junk which I deleted. How do I make it stop doing this? The options given when I arrange the sync are Cancel and Merge. I want neither. I want to Replace. Why is Replace not an option? How do I make 1Password stop loading old junk?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @brownfc00‌

Sorry to hear that items you've deleted are still in your iCloud data. In this case you may need to backup your data, erase the 1Password data in iCloud, then re-sync 1Password there.

Thanks!

Ben

• roens
    roens
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

What if this option/button doesn't even exist?

• Erase data in iCloud from 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Erase iCloud Data

I see that it does exist on my iOS (v8+) devices, but not on my MacOS (v10.9.+) devices.

I get the impression that iCloud sync between iOS 1PW v5 and MacOS 1PW v4 are not possible… It would even seem that the two are syncing with two separate iCloud "stores" (the set of files stored on iCloud). Could this insane hypothetical be true?!

From both types of device, I've done the above steps (backup, delete from iCloud, sync). Yet, they each appear to be maintaining entirely separate sets of data.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@roens‌:

I get the impression that iCloud sync between iOS 1PW v5 and MacOS 1PW v4 are not possible

You are entirely correct. Have a look at the AgileBits iCloud FAQ.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @roens,

As Stephen_C mentioned, you're correct that 1Password versions 4 and 5 cannot sync with each other via iCloud, and the information from the FAQ should explain more about that.

To sync 1Password with your current setup, you'll need to switch to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync:

I'm sorry for the confusion about that! If you need help setting up Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync, please let us know.

• roens
    roens
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh. [sarcastic]Thanks, Apple, for screwing users & developers…[/sarcastic]

Sorry for having not just read the FAQ first. This condition just seemed so unbelievable. I suppose it's time to enter the cartoon realm of Yosemite, just so that I may use 1PW5. :\

FWIW, would have been useful to get some sort of (error) message, perhaps from the newer 1PW that "there's data in iCloud from older 1PW that cannot be synced with," or some such. Awfully confusing to see that both apps are happily syncing with iCloud (no error of any sort), yet the expected behavior of homogenous data between platforms/apps is not occurring.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.