businessclass.comcast.net login problems

ZamboniMan
ZamboniMan
Community Member

When trying to use 1Password to fill in credentials for http://businessclass.comcast.net/ only the password ever gets filled in. I've tested this with Chrome and Safari with the same results.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Have you tried re-creating and saving the login manually? That can often resolve the sort of problem you experience.

Stephen

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

I've tried all the tricks over the past several releases and nothing works. This has been a problem for a long time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZamboniMan - I'm sorry to hear the Comcast Business site is giving you troubles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my own setup. What platform and version of 1Password and browser are you using? For me, using latest Safari and 1Password on a Mac, I was able to save the login manually, and then successfully fill the information repeatedly (dummy data, of course, so the login failed, but the fill and submit portion worked).

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

I primarily use Safari 8.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.10.1 but I get the same bad behavior from Chrome. I've deleted and recreated this saved login dozens of times over the past year. Even creating the login details by hand and then visiting the site to have 1Password mini fill in the details only fills in the password field. The current version of 1Password is 1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store but this has been the case with all the previous versions I've used as well.

Guess I'll just have to chalk this up to another reason for why Comcast sucks. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

I'm not so sure, @ZamboniMan - after all, our setups aren't so very different. I'm using 1Password 5 for Mac from our store and not the Mac App Store, but other than that, it's virtually identical. I can't think of a reason why this would work for me but not for you. Would you be willing to email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com? (Remember: please do not post diagnostics report information here in the forums). Here's a link to how to create a diagnostics report, if you're not already familiar. We can take a look and see if there's anything unusual in your logs.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

Diagnostics report is on its way. Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to try.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Very odd @ZamboniMan‌

We'll look at the diagnostic report as well but I'm curious as to what your Login item looks like compared to mine?

Now I've got mine set to Never Submit for the submit field (visible when you edit the item) due to the captcha that you'll need to fill in after submitting but like @larsolsson‌ my simple test Login item worked with no troubles, at least for filling in the two fields I expected it to.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

Solved!

My web form details had username instead of user. Changing from username to user fixed the problem. Odd that recreating the login by logging in manually did not use the correct field name for the web form details.

Thank you for the help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@ZamboniMan, I'm happy to hear you solved the problem! Thanks for letting us know what you did to make it work.

If you need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.