Can't wifi sync 1Password for iOS with OS X Yosemite

Options
jje
jje
Community Member

I haven't been able to sync my iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2) with my Mac (OS X 10.10.1). I was hoping today's update would fix the problem. It hasn't.

Before this problem occurred, I could sync my phone with two different master vaults (one on a laptop, the other on a desktop computer) , both of which had the same data, though each had a different password. Now I can't sync my phone with either master vault over wifi. The sync initiates, but errors out with the following error. I know for a fact that I am typing the correct master password in response to the prompt.

I understand that today's update will allow me to sync with two different vaults (with different data over wifi). Perhaps the thing to do now is to simply create that second vault.

Thanks in advance,
jje

Sync Problem
Error
Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=7013 "Failed to verify Master Password on your computer. "Userinfo=...
(NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to verify master Password on your computer.)

Comments

• WiFi sync will allow you to sync the master vault, and additional secondary vaults, but you must sync the master vault. You should be able to do what you want, though I suspect resetting sync is the answer to get your password working again.

But you can still do what you used to do. If you are resetting sync on your iPhone, make sure the vault is unlocked on the desktop and on the phone when you try. If that doesn't work, we can reset the iPhone.

Do this only if the 1Password data on the desktop is up-to-date. (i.e. there are no new changes on the iPhone that are not on the desktop.) If you have new data on the phone, let me know and do not do the steps below.

1. On the desktop, make a backup. (not strictly necessary, but I always recommend it when resetting either end of the sync).
    2. Ensure that you can unlock the vault on your desktop.
    3. On the iPhone, go to Advanced, choose Erase Data and Settings. (This basically resets it as if you just downloaded the app for the first time)
    4. With 1Password running on the desktop, setup WiFi sync to the desktop again. You will use the master password from your desktop. (You can change it later if you wish)
    5. After that is working and you wish to sync to the other desktop, change the sync settings on the phone to WiFi sync with your other desktop.

That should take care of it. Let me know if you have questions.

• jje
    jje
    Community Member
    Options

After having changed my 1Password master password on my laptop to be identical to that 1Password master password on my desktop, I can now wifi sync my phone with my laptop (it no longer prompts me for a password). I'll try to wifi sync with my desktop tonight. Thanks for your help. I don't expect I'll have issues going forward.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.