Required fields for login type - changed functionality/bug

Options
iboulder
iboulder
Community Member

The Login type now has an input wizard. This wizard requires name, password, and URL.

This breaks the ability to store simple application passwords as Login type because applications do not have a site.

I already have many application passwords saved as Logins, so changing the type or reinstating as notes as a workaround is not useful.

Please remove the required site field.

-iboulder

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iboulder‌

Login items are intended to save logins for websites.

The URL does not have to be correct for the login to save. You could simply put in 'http://localhost.local' if there isn't a more appropriate URL.

Thanks.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It's a good response, however, I think users are left with some confusion and unintuitive workarounds since the Login category is really the only recommended category when one needs a password, or username + pin/password. So users will use Logins. And so long as that's the recommend category, there should be a Skip or Next button to ignore the field.

Ideally a new category, such as Secret ID, would be available. It would include an identifier field and a password or pin field.

• @iboulder‌ and @MrC Thanks for the replies. We have fixed this issue in our beta builds and it will be going out in our next update.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Indeed you did, and its great! I should have checked first.

Thanks.

• No worries, glad it's working properly for you!

This discussion has been closed.