Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox.

Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

Then it lists Path to my Dropbox file.
I get this message on certain free wifi network at an institution. I'm pretty sure this is caused by some setting as my sync works great when on different wifi network.
Anything could be done about this on my end or only network admin could change it?
Thanks

Comments

• Hi @Fairgame,

It's possible that Dropbox is blocked on that network. Are you able to use the Dropbox app or visit Dropbox.com in a web browser?

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member

I did not try Dropbox.com or the app. But later I realized that iCloud backup was blocked as well. It is definitely that wifi. There was a message about SSL security but I did not write it down.
    I was curious if anyone saw that elsewhere.
    Thanks

PS: There is no need to dig deep on this issue. All my systems work well on home network, just a curiosity.

• You're welcome, Fairgame! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• kenperkins
    kenperkins
    Community Member

My iOS install of 1Password (5.1.2) refuses to sync with Dropbox. I have dropbox on the phone, and dropbox is logged in.

However, every time I attempt to sync, I get the following error:

Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox.
    Please try again later.
    Path: /1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/

Thoughts?

• Hi @kenperkins‌

Sorry to hear about the difficulty getting your iPhone linked up to Dropbox. Please check out this thread on the same error message and see if it is helpful:

Please let us know.

Ben

• kenperkins
    kenperkins
    Community Member

I have the same error, but it's not related to my network. This is my home wifi, and I've never had a problem before.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2014

Hi @kenperkins‌

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your device: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• kenperkins
    kenperkins
    Community Member

Thanks, sent.

• Hi @kenperkins‌

I didn't find your email. Could you please post the ticket ID that you should have received from BitBot?

Thanks!

• kenperkins
    kenperkins
    Community Member

[#BPL-92764-475]

• Excellent. Thanks! Our technical gurus will be looking into this for you and will get back to you via email as soon as we know more. We appreciate your patience, as it may be a few business days.

• ilsa
    ilsa
    Community Member

FYI I ran into this issue today. I was able to determine that it was because there was an absurd number of files in the directory, preventing it from even being listed anymore. For some reason there were several 'conflicts', causing the entire file set to be duplicated multiple times, ballooning our 1password database to an astonishing 1.5GB. I can't even fathom how that could have happened, but once I deleted all the extraneous files (and waited a couple hours for the sync to propogate) everything was fine again.

• Very interesting! Thanks for the update @ilsa

If anyone else runs into this I understand it is a very frustrating problem but we would really appreciate it if you do not attempt to resolve it until we can look at the situation. We'd like to try and figure out why this is happening.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.