Unable to access 1P for iOS

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help with Using One Time Password.

Comments

• Lutin75
    Lutin75
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 5 on iOS launch problem.
    Since I updated iOS8 on my iPhone5S, I can't access my 1Password datas. I never synchronised my datas nor install 1Password on my PC, using only the iPhone app.
    Sinve iOS8, when I launch 1Password5, I have the choice of creating a new vault or sync with an existing vault. When I choose sync either iCloud, Dropbox or Wi-Fi, 1Password can't find existing vault indeed, because I never have synchronised my vault... Thus I can't even access app settings because I would need to bypass the start menu.
    I'm stuck with an unvailable app and I need your help to retrieve my datas as I never synchronised them neither on PC nor iCloud, Dropbox, Wifi.
    By the way, I installed 1Password4 on my PC since, but again, I have to choose between 3 choices , I'm new to 1Password/I've used 1Password before/Restore 1Password vault from backup.

• It sounds like your iOS upgrade wiped your data when it updated your phone. Did you find other apps have been reset as well?

Also, did you upgrade 1Password, or is this the same copy as you had before updating your phone to iOS 8?

• Lutin75
    Lutin75
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, thanks for the reply. In fact I didn't faced the same behaviour on my other apps and it's the same version than before upgrading. At least, my datas should be somewhere on my iPhone??

• Lutin75
    Lutin75
    Community Member
    Options

App version 5.1.2, I fear that upgrading to v5.2 delete completely the datas

• Good afternoon, @Lutin75‌. Do you have a backup of your iPhone somewhere that you can use to restore to a previous point in time? It sounds like your device was wiped when you installed iOS 8, but you never restored it.

• Lutin75
    Lutin75
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I synchronised my iPhone on iCloud and via iTunes on my computer.
    You advise trying to restore my iPhone at a point before IOS8, if possible? Then configure 1P v4 on the PC, sync data and upgrade iPhone to IOS8 again?

• You probably won't have to upgrade the OS again. The backup just contains your app data, photos, settings, etc. If you have a recent backup of your phone, then yes, restore your phone. If you do not have a recent backup, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.