1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

Options
hutsonj
hutsonj
Community Member

I received this message after a suggested upgrade. The suggested fix appears to be an operating system upgrade (next major release) which is not a viable option at this time. Is there a place I can download a version of 1Password that is compatible with Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 or a telephone number I can call to express from frustration?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hutsonj,

I'm sorry you're getting that error when trying to open 1Password after the update! The last version of 1Password that supported Mac OS 10.9.5 was 1Password 4.4.3 (web store version) or 4.4.1 (Mac App Store version). You don't need to upgrade the OS in order to fix this problem. Instead, please try these steps:

• Go to your Applications folder.
    • Find the 1Password app and drag it to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, just remove the 1Password app file by dragging it to the Trash).
    • Empty the Trash, then reboot your Mac.

The next steps will depend on whether you're using the Mac App Store version or our web store version of 1Password:

If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password:

• After the reboot, open the Mac App Store and go to the Purchases section.
    • Re-install 1Password from your list of purchased apps.
    • Once the download is complete, try to open it.

If you're using our web store version of 1Password:

• After the reboot, download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip the file (if necessary) and drag it to the Applications folder.
    • Double-click the new app to open it.

Does it work now, or do you still get the same error? Please let us know how it works out, and if you need more help with that.

This discussion has been closed.