unable to convert lastpass csv to 1password file.

Options
BruceWeinstein
BruceWeinstein
Community Member

Hi I am having trouble converting my lastpass file to 1Password. I am looking at changing to 1Password. Need to do this conversion in order to make my decision. So I hope you can help.

I follow the directions of creating csv file in LastPass.
Then I run script file against the LastPass file. It does work but it is only showing 1 record as being converted instead of all of them. I have many passwords in the LastPass file.

Excerpt from terminal.

$Bruces-MacBook-Air:convert_to_1p4 bruce$ perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl msecure -v ../lastpass.csv
Renamed card type 'bruce@ca.com' is not a default type, and is being mapped to Secure Notes

Imported 1 card
Exported 1 note item
Exported 1 total item

Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bruce,

When you say you're running the script file against LastPass file, do you mean you're using the community solutions scripts? Or are you using the import feature directly in 1Password 5 for Mac? I ask because until recently, the community solutions were as good or better than what we had inside 1Password itself, due to changes made by LastPass. But right now, the importer within 1Password itself is very good at LastPass imports in particular. Can you clarify that for me? Thanks in advance!

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

I was using the scripts from MrC(I think that is the user). I did try the straight import within 1Password and it seemed to map the fields wrong. My passwords were showing up in the site name field. I expected to get a window where I could define the mappings. But no window showed up.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BruceWeinstein,

You're correct, MrC created those scripts, so hopefully he'll have some ideas about this.

@MrC, if you have a moment or two, do you have any suggestions for Bruce?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @BruceWeinstein,

I see the problem. Change the command you are using:

perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl msecure -v ../lastpass.csv

to use the correct converter for lastpass!

perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl lastpass -v ../lastpass.csv

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MrC. That did the trick. All items imported correctly. :)

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

Now, since I now have my passwords loaded into 1P is there a way to move password records from my current vault into another vault?

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

Actually never mind. I figured it out. Thanks for all your help.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.