1P5 Mini - User Interface - open and fill

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

There is a user interface issue that is aggravating me too many times a day when I use the 1p5 Mini to open a website.

It happens like this...

I click on the 1P key icon, and a drop-down menu shows the various types of 1P5 items.
I click/hover on a menu item (e.g., logins) and another drop down menu shows the list of logins
I click/hover on a specific login, and a window (?) opens with the details of that item.

Now, I have to carefully maneuver the mouse across the "connecting point" of the graphic.
If this maneuver is not done precisely, the window and menus close, and I have to start over.

Next, depending on the login I must start looking for and chasing the invisible "open and fill" field area which appears and disappears ...usually depending on how many cups of coffee I've had that day.
Once I have found the "open and fill" field, I click on it.

Not a big deal - but often my mouse-click is not as accurate as it could be.
If I have moved the mouse too much, I have to start over.
Right now, clicking on the menu item of the chosen login does NOT ALWAYS result with an "open and fill" action, but instead everything simply closes . So I have to start over.

My solution requested is to make the selected items in each of the drop-down menus respond reliably to mouse-clicks,
That is, make the selected menu item respond predictably to a mouse click and perform the action of the "open and fill" field.
If the user wishes to deal with isssues (e.g., editing) in the window area, they can still maneuver the mouse across to the window area.

I know this is not a huge issue. But maybe a small bit of code-change to future versions would make all of human life even better ;)

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter,

That does sound like it is very annoying. I'm trying to figure this out but I'm not seeing the issues here. I might be missing a step.

Now, I have to carefully maneuver the mouse across the "connecting point" of the graphic.

As long as the details view is opened, I'm able to just move my cursor in the general view of that window without any disappearing issue. You can see it here:

Right now, clicking on the menu item of the chosen login does NOT ALWAYS result with an "open and fill" action, but instead everything simply closes . So I have to start over.

That's strange, it is always doing the Go and Fill for me whenever I click on any Login, and definitely not intentional. The first question is, why is it intermittent?

Are you using any mouse tools on your Mac, like Better Touch Tools or anything that could change your mouse tracking ability? Are you using an external mouse or a trackpad?

This discussion has been closed.