Using the application on multiple computers without Dropbox

Options
petpb
petpb
Community Member
edited January 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I would like to use the app on 2 different computers with the ability to sync without using Dropbox. Is this possible?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If both your computers are on Windows and there aren't any mobile devices in the mix, then you can use ANY cloud solution (Dropbox or OneDrive or SpiderOak, etc)

• petpb
    petpb
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will look into this.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petpb, please note that the tested and supported sync solutions are listed in the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• petpb
    petpb
    Community Member
    Options

I have setup a OneDrive account. How do I point to that location? All I see is the option to move the vault to Dropbox. Right now I do have it synced to my personal Dropbox.

If I have my boss download this software on his computer will he have access to my Dropbox information (will he require my Dropbox login and password)?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

"Move to Dropbox" means just that: move the vault you're currently using into your local Dropbox folder storage.

If you want to move a vault to OneDrive, you'll have to move the .agilekeychain folder to the correct location on your PC. You'll find complete instructions in the Moving your vault article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

If you want to use a vault that's already stored in OneDrive, choose File > Open 1Password Vault, work your way to the correct location on your PC, and choose the .agilekeychain folder that represents your vault.

If your boss installs 1Password on his computer, all he'll have is 1Password on his computer.

If you're certain you want him to have access to your Dropbox account, you'll need to tell him your Dropbox username and password. (Are you sure you want to do that?) Even then, he won't be able to unlock your 1Password vault unless you also tell him the master password for that vault.

It seems more likely that what you want to do is share your 1Password vault with your boss. You'll find complete instructions in the Sharing a vault article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

This discussion has been closed.