Update to Yosemite 10.2.2 warns of incompatibility with 1Password

Options
TriAthDance
TriAthDance
Community Member

I just updated and got the message from Apple that 10.2.2 is incompatible with 1 Password.
But 1Password seems to be working nonetheless.
Is there anything to be concerned about?

Comments

• Hi there,

Hmm—that's quite the strange error. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

If 1Password is working as before, there should be nothing to be concerned about. (Yosemite may have simply been confused.) But so we can look into this for you, could you let us know whether you purchased 1Password form the App Store or from our website? Thanks!

-Agile Mitch

• James McCabe
    James McCabe
    Community Member
    Options

Version 5.1 build 510035. Just did the Yosemite update today and got the message from Mac OS X on boot up. 1password does load in menu bar as well as browsers though. So why the incompatibility message?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Others have reported a similar oddity (see this AgileBits post, for example) but it seems nothing to be concerned about, except in terms of the oddness of the warning. In other words, 1P 5.1 works perfectly under OS X 10.10.2.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@James McCabe I have merged the two threads so we can keep all posts on the same subject in one place.

Stephen

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW...
    I did not receive that message. My update went smoothly.

• Hi @Plato,

Yea, it's a small number of users who saw the message. It is likely a mistake on Apple's side as the app is fully compatible and we didn't explicitly set anything to make the app incompatible.

However, we'll keep this in mind as we try to figure out what else we can do to prevent this for future OS X updates.

This discussion has been closed.