Search broken in latest iOS build

cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member

5.3 (503003)

Try to search from the main Categories screen, type a few characters and the screen reverts back. Doesn't break when trying from the Logins section i.e. here the search narrows down correctly and as it did in previous builds. Repeatable after re-boot and re-install.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Hi @cjbulow,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Now, I'm able to re-create this ... kind of. Here's what I've got:

• Start typing the name an item in my list: Amaz...
    • The list starts narrowing down correctly
    • Misspell it: Amazoo
    • Search field is automatically cleared and reset

This is consistent across all search fields.

Does this jive with what you are seeing?

ref: OPI-2255

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

No, I'm afraid mine isn't just a mis-spelling/mis-typing issue. I have, for example, a login saved for my TunnelBear login. I start to type

tunn

and briefly the app starts to pull up & show those logins that contain this sequence but then the screen "vanishes" and reverts back to the main Categories screen with the Search box at the top. This doesn't happen however when typing the same thing within the Login category, where the app, correctly, pulls up Tunnelbear (along with two other logins that contain the word "tunnel" in them).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjbulow,

That's odd. We're not able to recreate this on our end. You're seeing this consistently with all searches in the Categories pane?

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Ah, no, good catch!

I've tried a number of other (known to exist) words and all of them correctly appear as I type. And stay on screen. It's only the three letter sequence "tun" that seems to provoke the behaviour I've highlighted.

I'm running the iOS 8.2 beta build 12D5461b). Forgot to mention that, sorry,

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

This is what I see.

http://www.fcpxbook.com/Search.mov

This is on a 6+ on with iOS 8.1.3.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Thanks for posting that @TomWolsky‌ -- that replicates exactly my experience (apart from the different sequence of letters leading to the "crash").

OOI, what app did you use to capture that?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

QuickTime X player. File>New movie recording and select the phone.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Ah, of course! Thanks @TomWolsky‌

• foad
    foad
    Community Member

I can replicate this bug as well @Megan‌. I'd also add that if you hit the delete key to clear out the search field, the keyboard drops out after the last (first in word) letter is deleted, which requires the user to tap the search field again to bring up the keyboard.

• Thanks for the reports everyone! We've got this bug recorded and will take care of it.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Seeing the same issue here on an iPhone 5s. Start typing "Micro" quickly, removes the query, shows a brief spinner and then goes back to previous screen with an empty search field.

• Hi @holgr,

Thanks, we can reproduce this and will fix this as soon as possible. Stay tuned for a new beta with the fix.

• grahams
    grahams
    Community Member

I know that the mothership has found this bug, but since it is SO rare that I actually find a bug in 1pw betas I figured I'd chime in with a 'me too'.

Same problem behavior as others describe above: Begin typing a search and after several characters the keyboard is dismissed.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Looks like it's fixed in 5.2.1 (502102)

• Hi @holgr,

That's great news!

@grahams, can you confirm it is working as expected now in the 5.2.1 build we just submitted to TestFlight?

This is the same build that's been submitted to Apple as well.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I'm happy to confirm that the search screen "vanishing" bug I (and others) discussed is squashed but that the one @foad mentions still happens in build 502102.

• Hi @cjbulow,

I'm glad to hear that.

As for foad's report, I've split it into its own thread here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/35754/keyboard-disappearing-after-deleting-the-last-character-in-the-search-field

It's unrelated to this bug and is reproducible, so it'll be fixed in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.