iOS 8: 1P does not keep 1st position in Safari share sheet

Options
krischan
krischan
Community Member

Hi,

I was so happy to finally have 1P on the iPhone directly within Safari. First thing I did was to sort the 1Password extension to the first position in the share sheet of Safari :)

At first, Safari kept the first position in the share sheet. But later on (I assume it has to do with Safari quitting when a few other apps are launched and iOS needs its RAM), 1Password was sorted again to the last position within the share sheet.

By the way, I tried sort it a few more times (either by dragging the icon to the frontmost position or by tapping on the "more" button and doing the sort in the list view). Same result.

Is this a bug in iOS or is it something that you can solve?

Thanks for your support
Christian

Comments

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Christian,

This is an iOS 8 bug, annoying isn't it?

Hopefully Apple will get this fixed in the next iOS update

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @reck.

• krischan
    krischan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank for your clarification @reck & @bwoodruff‌

After posting it to your forum, I heard John Siracusa having the same complaint in the ATP or Talk Show podcast. It's really annoying and I'm surprised this bug was not on the list of iOS 8.1.

It's annoying but I'm optimistic that it will be fixed soon.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Finger crossed. Things are slowly getting better with ios8 but I still suffer bugs almost on a daily basis including device crashes which i've never had before on any iPhone i've owned. I understand they're working on a further two updates so hopefully between these two it will become a more stable OS.

• I've heard the same, @reck, let's hope we get a nice stable 8.2 not too long from now.

• Superman
    Superman
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem with 1Password even though I have the latest version of iOS installed

• Hi @Superman,

Most users have reported this was fixed in iOS 8.1.1. I'm sorry to hear it's still not working for you.

Unfortunately, we don't have any control over this — the share sheet is completely managed by iOS, and it's not something we're able to fix. :(

This discussion has been closed.