1password 5.2 hangs with touchID on ios8

Options
fatboyw
fatboyw
Community Member

I am using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.1.2. 1password 5.1 was running perfectly with Touch ID. The iPad automatically updated to 1password 5.2. When I tried using it, 1password hanged after the the key hole was moved from centre of screen to the upper portion.

I removed iand re-installed 1password. Also re-synced with my Mac via wifi. Enabled Touch ID and it hanged.

Reinstalled again, not enabling Touch ID, it worked. Re-enabled Touch ID in 1password, it hanged again.

Reinstalled again, now just leaving Touch ID disabled. This is bad as I don't even have an option to use PIN.

Am I the only one that is having this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if it helps to know that I am not experiencing this trouble on an iPhone 6 with the same software you are using.

• Good afternoon, @fatboyw. Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having here with Touch ID in our latest update. Do you have an iPhone with Touch ID that you could test 1Password 5.2 as well?

It'd be great if you could follow these steps to help us get a little more information.

1. Enable Touch ID within 1Password
    2. Open and unlock 1Password. Tap on Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings
    3. Tap to enable both UI Lock and Lock.
    4. Attempt to unlock 1Password with Touch ID.
    5. When the problem presents itself please send us a diagnostic report by tapping on Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Send Diagnostics

You should receive a unique identifier, just post it here so we can track down your message.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that or if there's anything else I can do to help.

• fatboyw
    fatboyw
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MRRooni,

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, 1Password doesn't even go that far. I cannot unlock at all. When I start the 1Password app, the lock graphic comes up - ok. And then the lock graphic moves up before it asked for touch ID. It is at the point when the lock graphic moved up that it hangs. The only thing that happens here is the blue ring on the keyhole changes from blue to light blue and repeat. So, for the steps you mentioned, I can do step 1 but I will not be able to do step 2 once touch ID is enabled in 1Password.

What I tried is this:

• unlock with master password
    • enable touch ID
    • close the app
    • start the app
    • it hangs
    • kill the app
    • start the app
    • it hangs

Even though after killing the apps, I am supposed to expect it asking for master password, it still hangs.

I may be looking at a corner case here and I cannot even get the log for you to look at.

• fatboyw
    fatboyw
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I did after the last hang:

• removed all my fingerprints
      • 1password now starts and ask for my master password
      • set the log setting as said before
      • add one fingerprint
      • set 1password to enable touchid
      • start 1password again, as expected, it hangs
      • remove finger print
      • start 1password and it asks for master password
      • send the diagnostic info through to agilebits

I am not sure if the diagnostic log is helpful to you. The support ID is [#BRF-29984-321].

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the report!

ref: UNR-56997-778

• fatboyw
    fatboyw
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded ios to 8.1.3 and the Touch ID hangs problem goes away. Although this is a good result, I am still concerned that there is an inherent problem somewhere.

• @fatboyw there were some TouchID issues reported to Apple in the past. 8.1.3 may have fixed them. Apple doesn't always disclose all of the bugs fixed. But if you see this happen again, do not hesitate to let us know. We will be watching for this in the meantime, as well.

This discussion has been closed.