Where can I get the older 1P app for iphone?

Options
1Amo
1Amo
Community Member

Hello there, I have been using 1P for years and love it!

I have a problem: my iPhone 4 is on iOS7.1.2 and the app store only has the new version of the app --- where do I re-get the older version?

thank you

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @1Amo‌

Unfortunately the App Store does not provide us a method of distributing old versions of the app unless they had previously been purchased (i.e. It isn't possible for a new iOS customer to get an old version).

I wish I had a better answer for you but that is how the App Store works.

My apologies.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice you said "re-get" -- I assumed you were using 1Password on another platform previously and now wanted to add iOS to the mix. In your case you may be able to get the older version here: http://j.mp/1PasCS
    But as mentioned above the App Store is a bit wonky in this regard.

Ben

• 1Amo
    1Amo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there Ben,

Thanks for your reply -- but I did have the older versions -- I've had 1P for years now (since 2009) on my Macs and iphone....was the iphone app part of the SW licence? I can't remember if I had to purchase the iphone app separately or when it was launched was it a gift from Agile? Is there someway I can find this out?

many thanks for your help!

Andree

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1Amo,

1Password is sold separately for each supported platform, so 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS are separate purchases. If you've been using 1Password on your iPhone since 2009, then it sounds like you purchased 1Password 3 for iOS. That version was removed from sale on the App Store back in December 2012 when we released 1Password 4 for iOS, but if you bought 1Password 3 for iOS when it was still available, you can reinstall it from the App Store as long as you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase.

On your iPhone, open the App Store and go to Updates > Purchased and search for 1Password in your list of purchased apps. Assuming you find version 3 there, tap the cloud icon to re-download it.

On the other hand, you don't necessarily need to reinstall version 3 because you can use a newer version. You won't be able to install 1Password 5 for iOS because that requires iOS 8, but there is a workaround to install 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Download 1Password 5 for iOS via iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer.
    • Open the App Store on your iPhone and go to Updates > Purchased.
    • Find 1Password 5 and try to download it - the App Store should allow you to download the latest compatible version.

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any trouble with that. Thanks! :)

• 1Amo
    1Amo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

thanks very much for your feedback -- I'm can't seem to login into iTunes -- I think Yosemite is bugging with Wifi (Chrome and another app too), so I have solve that first before I can try your solution. I'll keep you posted.

• Thanks, we look forward to your reply!

This discussion has been closed.