My 1Password password stopped working on my iphone, ipad

Options
jackmcguire
jackmcguire
Community Member

Hi,
My password works great for 1Password on my mac (latest software)--but it is useless on my iphone and ipad (software totally up-to-date. Please, any help to resolve this ridiculous problem?
Thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jackmcguire Did you change your Master Password? If so there is a known issue of that change not syncing in some cases, so you may need to login with the previous password and then change the Master Password on those devices as well.

• jackmcguire
    jackmcguire
    Community Member
    Options

No success. Two things:

1. This is what I did (before I read this post):
      My 1Pass master password works fine on my mac (where I set it), but it does not work on my iPhone or iPad.
      Note: I tried re-setting a test / temporary password: 123a, and in the 'hint' box, I typed out the password, for reference, as well. I went to my iPhone and deleted the 1password app, then re-installed it. In trying to open the vault--backed up on iCloud, not only does 123a not work, but the password hint box is empty.

2. Now, as you suggested, I've also tried logging in to my Mac OS with the original password (which worked on all devices; to increase security, I'd changed it, which is when the problems began), didn't work. No success here, either.
      I still can't get into 1Password on my i-devices, so can't effect any changes there.

• jackmcguire
    jackmcguire
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I've had success!, by going back into my mac's 1passwd, and changing it, as I think you suggested, to my original sign in; now I can get in on my iPhone.
    But now: if I want to strengthen my password, so it works on all my devices, what protocol should be followed?

• @jackmcguire , your master password should contain a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. For length, I prefer longer passwords, but make sure you can remember it. The longer, (while you can still remember it and don't mind typing it) the better.

There are sites on the Internet that can tell you how strong your password is, but I recommend not typing in your exact password, but one with a similar mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.

This discussion has been closed.