Sharing 1Password between Windows accounts

Options
rkb
rkb
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I login I see a 1Password folder under My Documents. Is this the 1Password data that is created for each user?

Comments

• rkb
    rkb
    Community Member
    Options

Another account logs in an brings up 1Password but then there a dialog that asks if I am new to 1Password, have used 1Password before, or would like to read from my vault. What is the appropriate response?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I login I see a 1Password folder under My Documents. Is this the 1Password data that is created for each user?

Correct. This is where your Vault is.

Another account logs in an brings up 1Password but then there a dialog that asks if I am new to 1Password, have used 1Password before, or would like to read from my vault. What is the appropriate response?

If you want to open an existing Vault, then click on "I have used 1Password before". If you want to create a new Vault, then click on "I am new to 1Password".

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Full details are available in the The first time you run 1Password article in the Quick Start section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• rkb
    rkb
    Community Member
    Options

So would I answer that I have used 1Password before (which I have) but the user for this account has not. So for them they are new to 1Password but I am not.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

As noted in that article, @rkb, the questions on that first-run screen direct 1Password where to create or find a vault. If there's no vault to find and no backup file to restore from, you'd choose I (the user for whom 1Password is being set up) am new to 1Password, so that the other user has a new and separate vault from the vault used by the existing user.

This discussion has been closed.