New License for 1Password 4

Options
lordB8r
lordB8r
Community Member

I have a few different machines, one of which I'm not able to upgrade to 1P5, but want to buy a license. I have 1P4 with everything in it, and want to buy a license so I can share between machines. How do I go about doing that?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The ver same identical license file is used to register 1Password 4 and 1Password 5. Buy a license for 1Password 5 from the AgileBits web store and you'll be all set, plus you'll be ready whenever that machine can run version 5. If you already have the license file for version 5, just go to the downloads page, scroll to the bottom, and download a copy of version 4. Add the license file and you're done. Remember, you license permits you to use the software on as many Macs as you use yourself.

But I'm confused by your reference to already having 1Password 4 with everything in it. Is that installation unlicensed? If so, the advice to apply the license file you already have applies with no download needed.

Post back if this doesn't address your question. It seems possible that I've misunderstood.

• Hi @lordB8r,

Hawkmoth is correct, buying 1Password 5 will give you the same license you can use to register with 1Password 4. If you need a license for 1Password 3, contact us and we might even help with that.

Please keep in mind that buying 1Password at our web store does not include iCloud sync support, that is only allowed in the Mac App Store purchases.

• lordB8r
    lordB8r
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses. @hawkmoth and @MikeT both definitely helped!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lordB8r, on behalf of MikeT and hawkmoth, you're very welcome! :) I'm glad their responses were helpful for you. If you ever need anything else, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.