No keyboard

Options
golles
golles
Community Member

Device: Iphone 5
iOS: 8.1.2
1PW: 5.1.2

I've switched off the function "Allow Custom Keyboards" (Which is not translated into Dutch btw), I think this is a great feature because I wouldn't trust the custom keyboards with my passwords.

When I open the app, it's always a random question if I have to fill in the short code or the master password (and sometimes even both) I see the default iOS keyboard when I have to fill in my master password. Everything is OK until now.

Issue:
When I tab on the Search bar, I get the emoji keyboard, which I can't swap for either the custom keyboard or the default keyboard anymore. I'm stuck with the emoji from now and because I don't use emoji in 1PW at all, I can't search for anything...
As a custom keyboard I use SwiftKey.

My keyboard setup is as following:
-SwiftKey
-Emoji

How I think this should be fixed:
Simply only use the default iOS keyboard in the app if the allow custom keyboards is switched off, the one when I have to enter the master password would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

That is odd because I have the same setup as you, with the same version numbers. I also use SwiftKey. However, under iOS Settings > General > Keyboard I have not only SwiftKey and emoji but also the iOS keyboard. It's sounds as thought you don't, so maybe re-adding that may solve the issue. (I appreciate you may want to avoid doing that but, on the other hand, it may provide at least a temporary solution.)

Stephen

• golles
    golles
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen_C, thanks for your reply. That indeed seems to be a work around, however that doesn't make switching between keyboards in other apps beter, now the other keyboard also pops up between switching from SwiftKey to Emoji and vice versa.

I hope my proposed solution could be implemented in the app soon.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

however that doesn't make switching between keyboards in other apps beter, now the other keyboard also pops up between switching from SwiftKey to Emoji and vice versa.

Yes, I agree with you!

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I don't believe we're able to turn on keyboards that you have disabled in the iOS preferences, otherwise I don't see why we wouldn't do just that. I'll check with our iOS dev team though and see what they have to say. :)

Thanks!

• golles
    golles
    Community Member
    Options

I have an update on this issue.

Yesterday SwiftKey was updated with Emoji now included.
    So I switched of Emoji. I only have SwiftKey in my keyboards enabled now.

Now I do get the default iOS keyboard for the master password and in the app itself.

I don't think this is an acceptable fix, but for me this is the fix.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @golles.

This discussion has been closed.