1Password older version for iPad 1 (iOS 5.1.1)

rodrigoferrari
rodrigoferrari
Community Member

Sometime ago I bought 1Password app for my both iPhone 4S and Mac Book. I am very satisfied with the product. Therefore, I would also use it on my iPad. However, this device is first generation and then the version of its iOS is 5.1.1. There some way to install an older version of the 1Password app to work on my iPad 1? 

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Did you ever buy it from the App Store under 5.1.1? If you did, you can probably download it to that ipad from the purchased section of you account. If not, I'm going to guess you're out of luck.

• Hi @rodrigoferrari,

For an iPad 1, with iOS 5.1.1, you would have had to purchase 1Password 3 for iOS when it was available, as it was retired from iTunes and is no longer available for purchase.

If you have previously purchased 1Password 3 for iOS, you can find it in your purchased list:

• First, please ensure that you are signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID that you purchased 1Password with.
    • Open the App Store, go to the Updates tab, and tap Purchased.
    • Find 1Password on that list and download it.
  • rodrigoferrari
    rodrigoferrari
    Community Member

Thanks hawkmoth and JasperP for your responses, but unfortunatelly I bought 1Password app under an earlier version and there is no chances to download for a device running an older iOS :-/

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rodrigoferrari,

Sadly not only is 1Password v3 not available any more but it was also specific to either the iPhone or iPad, something that was quite common at the time. So it would only have been feasible if you'd specifically purchased the 1Password for iPad at the time. Sorry it isn't better news.

If you decide to sync via Dropbox then you could use 1PasswordAnywhere from your iPad but just to warn you it will be slow. Slow might be better than nothing though!

• rodrigoferrari
    rodrigoferrari
    Community Member

Thanks for this "slowlution" (but still a solution!) @littlebobbytables.

• On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.