Shell scripting?

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

I wondered if the auto-lock settings, in 1PW for Mac, can be changed through a shell script.

I can explain why I might like this, but it would be a bit long.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I've found out how to do what I needed, though there may be better. ways A shell script calling an applescript to simulate the lock keypress does it.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @danco,

I don't believe there is any sort of an API exposed for this sort of thing at the moment, but I can certainly pass the feedback along to our dev team. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Our posts sort of crossed.

There's a keypress (control-option-command-L) to lock 1PW, no matter where one is (I mean, can be done while another program is to front). That can certainly be simulated by an applescript, and the applescript can be called by a shell script if one needs to use shell scripts.

Seems to work fine.

• Ben
    Options

Great! Glad to hear that'll work for you.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I haven't got the program that calls the script working properly yet, but that isn't a 1PW issue.

I'm trying to use ControlPlane, and it should - once I have it working properly - as soon as I switch my MacBook from mains to battery call the script to lock 1PW

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danco,

That's a neat concept, thanks for sharing! I do hope that you are able to get things working properly there. :)

This discussion has been closed.