I get a error when trying to import from 1p exchange

Good Day
Not sure why this happens. I get a error and this is the one I get (Failed to run import script)
Please Help
1P 3.8.22

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PerryDawsey,

Could you let me know what version number of operating system you're using? If you're using a newer operating system (such as Mavericks or Yosemite) we'll need to run an import script to help 1Password 3's import work its magic.

• PerryDawsey
    PerryDawsey
    Community Member

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PerryDawsey,

To import using 1Password 3 on Mavericks (e.g. 10.9.5, like you're running), open the Terminal app (from /Applications/Utilities) then copy and paste this single line into it:

env PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin '/Applications/1Password 3.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password'

That assumes the 1Password 3 app is in the /Applications folder and named 1Password 3.app. You'll need to change that if yours is named differently. This will allow the import scripts to use the older version of Ruby and properly import your data.

Please let us know how that works out for you. :)

• PerryDawsey
    PerryDawsey
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

This is the error I get

/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/json/pure.rb:17:in `rescue in ': uninitialized constant JSON::Iconv (NameError) from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/json/pure.rb:10:in `' from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/json/pure.rb:9:in `' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/json.rb:224:in `' from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/json.rb:222:in `' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/base.rb:2:in `' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require' from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/1Password_Interchange_File_(.1pif).rb:2:in `
    '
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PerryDawsey,

That error is caused by 1Password 3 on Mavericks using Ruby 2.0 instead of 1.8 when importing. You'll first need to open the Terminal app (in the /Applications/Utilities folder), then copy and paste this (all on one line, exactly) into it:

env PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password'

When 1Password 3 opens after that, try importing your data and it should work fine.

This discussion has been closed.