Suggestion: Option to load site password into clipboard on fill-and-submit

I've got Pandora open in the next tab over, and I can't log in automatically using 1Password. I understand the issues with Flash logins, but I wonder if it would be possible to have an option that would load the current site's password into my clipboard. That would save me from the routine of going to a site, discovering that 1Password doesn't work, opening up 1P, searching for the site, copying the password to the clipboard, switching back, and entering the password. There are enough of these sites that won't accept 1P's fill-and-submit that being able to just load the password into the clipboard from the 1P button would save me quite a bit of time.

(Or maybe even an option to load the password upon any fill-and-submit attempt?)

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for a great product!

-stuart

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Welcome to the forums, Stuart, and thanks for the great suggestion. I will pass this along to the developers.

I know Pandora is not the only site with a Flash-based login, but you might consider using this non-Flash URL to log in there:

https://www.pandora.com/login

Best wishes to you this and every season,
  • coopr
    coopr
    Community Member
    +1 - I was just now experiencing this problem with WebTurboTax, where 1Password cannot fill in the login form.

I suggest dealing with this in two ways:

1. Option on each login to "Copy Password to Clipboard on command-slash"

2. Option on each login to "Display Login and Password with "click to copy" on command-slash" (in a float-over window that'd make it easy to click to copy, then paste into the form, both the login and password)
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 2010
    coopr wrote:

+1 - I was just now experiencing this problem with WebTurboTax, where 1Password cannot fill in the login form.

I suggest dealing with this in two ways:

1. Option on each login to "Copy Password to Clipboard on command-slash"

2. Option on each login to "Display Login and Password with "click to copy" on command-slash" (in a float-over window that'd make it easy to click to copy, then paste into the form, both the login and password)

Hi, coopr. Of those, number 2 sounds like the more likely option, but it wouldn't be implemented as a preference, just default behavior. I'm assuming you're not using Google Chrome because our Chrome extension has something almost exactly like what you mentioned, minus the quick "click to copy" feature.

I like that idea. Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.