Dynamic type switch

smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member

Hey folks,

I have the type setting on my phone set to one below the centre, but have had to switch it back to the centre following the recent update to 1P as everything was just too tiny to see in the list view! Under the item view everything looks fine (but I suspect this will change with the increased support for dynamic type coming along). If possible I'd like a way to disable dynamic type as everything else on my phone is a good fit for me in terms of text size, but now 1P looks too small.

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Hi @smallcheese,

The point of using Dynamic Text is that all apps are using the same font size that the user chooses, this avoid having font options in different apps and thus providing a consistent and more importantly, accessible experience on the iOS platform. In addition, the font sizes are not supposed to be different in different views, what you're seeing is a bug, not the way it is supposed to be. If other apps are fine for you and 1Password is too small, we're doing it wrong, we must adjust the size to be the same as other apps.

Just to make sure we get the right size when I file a bug report for you; if you drop the notch one below the centre, in which view that the font is too small compared to other apps? In the item list or the details view for the item?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

It's the item list - both the favourites and the standard item list. Once I've clicked through to an item the text size is totally fine.

Compared to, say, iMessages, the font in 1P is way smaller when I have the dynamic type set one below centre.

• Hi @smallcheese,

Thanks, we'll look into it. I can confirm we still have a lot of work left, so this isn't done by far yet.

Improvement ID #: OPI-2135

This discussion has been closed.