Feature Request for Search (and Smart Folders)

'does not contain" operator?
I was just trying to cook up a Smart Folder that would contain, say... all of my logins that contained a particular password pattern but not any that were tagged "enter by hand." And I realized that the only two negative operators available to me on a search are "none" (where I have to list a series of things that are not true about my targets) or "is not" where I have to specifically identify exactly what I don't want in my target.

What I really need is a "does not contain" operator. (Or even an "is not" operator for Tags, which I can only positively match.) Obviously, I'm someone who would give his eyeteeth for the ability to use nested conditions, boolean logic and regular expressions in my search patterns and smart folders... :)

Comments

• battis wrote:

I was just trying to cook up a Smart Folder that would contain, say... all of my logins that contained a particular password pattern but not any that were tagged "enter by hand." And I realized that the only two negative operators available to me on a search are "none" (where I have to list a series of things that are not true about my targets) or "is not" where I have to specifically identify exactly what I don't want in my target.

What I really need is a "does not contain" operator. (Or even an "is not" operator for Tags, which I can only positively match.) Obviously, I'm someone who would give his eyeteeth for the ability to use nested conditions, boolean logic and regular expressions in my search patterns and smart folders... :)

I've noticed this before myself. I think we've got this in the issue tracker, but if not, I'll add it. Thanks for the report/request! :-)
This discussion has been closed.