1pw on mac not sync with ipad or iphone

Options
sasha
sasha
Community Member

I cannot make 1PW on my mac sync with icloud. It's 'defaut'ed to wifi sync somehow. Anyone have any tips on this?

Agilebit team: please give step by step instruction to help with correct initial setup.

Comments

• sasha
    sasha
    Community Member
    Options

ps. I have a screenshot to show that there is no Option for sync with icloud, only with dropbox and folder. Is there anyway I could send the screenshot ?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sasha,

What I would like you to do for us please is go to the following drop down menu in 1Password for Mac, 1Password > About 1Password

In the little window that pops up it will tell you both the version number of 1Password but also more importantly if you are running the Agile Web Store (AWS) version of 1Password or the Mac App Store (MAS) one.

As of iOS 8 and Yosemite, iCloud changed dramatically. We made sure 1Password 5 kept pace with these changes but there were knock on effects to doing so. In this new iCloud syncing is handled by something called the CloudKit framework. Unfortunately Apple are restricting access to iCloud related frameworks to applications purchased through one of their stores. So if you purchased and are currently running our AWS version then since Yosemite this means you can no longer sync with iCloud. You still have the option of Dropbox and Wi-Fi Sync for syncing with iOS devices though. For more information on this, you may find Dave Teare's announcement, iCloud Changes in the Website Version of 1Password 5 informative.

I suspect this is the root cause of your troubles but if not then do please let us know. If you have any follow up questions do please ask too.

This discussion has been closed.