Can't scroll down my password list in edit mode in secure notes

Options
Yoram777
Yoram777
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

Hi,

I'm using 1Password v5.1. I have a list of passwords in secure note. When i tried to edit a password towards the bottom of the list..the keyboard came up and I was not able to scroll down to the password I wanted to edit. I am new to this great app..any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• suzybear
    suzybear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I had this problem too. I found the answer on another post and it works for me so hopefully will work for you... All you have to do is make sure you scroll by touching the far left of the screen.

• Susieq101
    Susieq101
    Community Member
    Options

I too have had this scrolling issue and the walk around does help when you're just scrolling but if you have to edit the secured note, each time I try to write it just rolls all the way to the bottom, so you can't be sure what you have written and where it may have ended up. It's a bit frustrating.

• Ben
    Options

As @suzybear‌ mentioned this is a known issue our developers are working on, and there is a workaround available. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks!

• Yoram777
    Yoram777
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you..Suzybear..that works

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad @suzybear solution works for you @Yoram777 !

• Dman22
    Dman22
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the EXACT same issue. I can't scroll in Edit Mode when trying to write down important info in Notes. Please try to fix this ASAP! I use the Secure Notes section for work related issues and not being able to change my information because I can't scroll is a HUGE issue. I have to say, I'm a little surprised that somehow this bug got through testing. As someone who uses the App extensively, seems to me that this issue should of shown up early in the testing process.

Anyways, I love would you guys do and I think 1Password is great but this needs to be fix A.S.A.P because it's really hampering me at my job.

• D

P.S. I'll try Suzybear's workaround by trying to scroll the page using my finger on the left-hand side of the screen.

• Dman22
    Dman22
    Community Member
    Options

Btw, looks as though there is an Editing issue in Secure Notes on OS X. It seems as though whenever I go into editing mode in the 1Password Application, it cuts off top or bottom sections of my running notes list and sometimes it doesn't allow me to scroll up or down it. It's now becoming very apparent to me that there are some MAJOR problems with Secure Notes on both OS X AND iOS and that somehow this wasn't caught in testing. This is kind of disheartening because I rely on it so much for work. Please let me know that this is a known bug on both apps and it is being actively worked on. Also, if you have an E.T.A. of when it might be fixed, that would be very helpful. I don't want to come off as demanding but this is a VERY real issue for me and if it is not something that is going to be fixed anytime in the near future, there is a real possibility that I might have to think about switching to another product. I just can't have this type of major bug in Secure Notes since it something that I rely upon everyday.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope to hear from you soon. :-)

• D
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dman22,

We are aware of a number of issues with notes which I do hope we can resolve and you are certainly not the only person afflicted by it. Most seem to stem from not anticipating their usage as I believe most of the bugs relate to a certain size of note before they're evident. It isn't meant as an excuse, just on observation on the commonality between the reports.

I'm afraid I can't give a timeline as to when they'll be fixed - we're simply unable to comment on that line of questioning. I've read many of the posts by people like yourself so I understand the frustration they're causing and I've done my best to pass on that frustration so that others realise the importance.

I hope we can report good news soon.

• sclaus
    sclaus
    Community Member
    Options

Overall, I've been very pleased with 1Password and recommended it to multiple other people who have also been pleased with it. However, the multiple issues with notes which make it almost unusable and the length of time it's taking to resolve, combined with a complete lack of any predicted fix date is no longer tolerable. I know of no other company which can just say "we screwed up your product, but can't even give you a rough idea of when it might be fixed" ???!!! This isn't a case of a new feature not working as expected. This is a case of breaking a feature which many of us are depending on... absolutely ridiculous!! Even more, it implies what kind of customer service which can be expected in the future regarding other bugs. If you can't fix your product, or even give me a rough idea of when it might be resolved, maybe you should start considering refunding all of us our purchase price! Not to mention additional costs we've incurred because of this disaster...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sclaus,

My hope is all the Note related bugs that are plaguing you and others will be fixed in one fell swoop. At the moment if I'm asked "What are our customers saying?" I reply "Notes, that's what we need fixed". The last batch of bugs that were fixed were relating to synchronisation so we do take it seriously, if you can't rely on synching after all the usefulness of the product is diminished even more hence they required attention. That isn't to say that I don't see these bugs as unimportant, not at all, we just needed to make sure the integrity of your data was safe first.

I understand that you will be unhappy but we're unable to comment on release schedules or the changes contained within. All I can do is ask for a little more patience and I will do my best to convey your wishes in regard these issues as strongly as I can.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just to add, a recent post from one of our developers may be of interest to everybody here in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.