How do I use Wallets?

Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member
edited December 2010 in iOS
I cannot get the Wallet function to work.
It's easy to use the wallet function to manage credit cards in the desktop version of 1Password, but I cannot figure out how to do it in 1Password for iPad. What am I missing here?

I know I'm meant to use 1Password's built-in browser, but I cannot figure out how to use it with Wallets. The only thing I know how to do with this is run Mobile Safari and 1Password at the same time (thanks to iOS 4.2) and manually copy a credit card number from 1Password into Safari whenever I need one. That's not how it's supposed to go, is it?

There is nothing about Wallets in the FAQs, tutorial or user guides that I can find. (The Knowledgebase, strangely enough, is completely blank.) So I really need to know, how do I use Wallets with the iPad version?

Comments

• It's easy to use the wallet function to manage credit cards in the desktop version of 1Password, but I cannot figure out how to do it in 1Password for iPad. What am I missing here?

I know I'm meant to use 1Password's built-in browser, but I cannot figure out how to use it with Wallets. The only thing I know how to do with this is run Mobile Safari and 1Password at the same time (thanks to iOS 4.2) and manually copy a credit card number from 1Password into Safari whenever I need one. That's not how it's supposed to go, is it?

There is nothing about Wallets in the FAQs, tutorial or user guides that I can find. (The Knowledgebase, strangely enough, is completely blank.) So I really need to know, how do I use Wallets with the iPad version?

Currently, it is not possible to fill credit cards with 1Password for iPad. As we continue to develop that app, we'll bring it up to par with the desktop app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Okay. I will be eagerly awaiting that. :)

And while we're at it - why *is* the Knowledgebase completely blank?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We are working to improve our documentation. Thank you for reminding us that we still have a lot of work to do in this area. :-)

The good news is that we are always here to help, so you get essentially a one-on-one human knowledgebase! (Am I being too optimistic?)
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 2010

And while we're at it - why *is* the Knowledgebase completely blank?

Thanks for bringing that up! Since there's really no reason for it at the moment, I think I'll just remove it for now. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: I'll also be adding your original question to the FAQ. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.