Issues with iOS Beta Sync Crashing App

Wildcat_1
Wildcat_1
Community Member

HI there, using the latest TestFlight beta and Mac beta I am seeing issues with WiFi syncing. Specifically when I kick the sync off from iOS it starts then crashes the app. iOS version 5.3 (503008) and Mac version 5.3 beta 11

Comments

• Good morning @Wildcat_1. Thanks for writing in. Have you been prompted to send in crash reports by 1Password for iOS when you relaunch it? If so we should be able to dig in and figure out what's going on. Thanks!

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni I haven't been prompted yet but see you also just pushed another beta up to TestFlight so will pull that one down first and if it persists will see if I at least get the prompt. Thanks !

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni ok I tried the latest and greatest and still crashes as soon as I click Sync Now on the iOS version. Did get the opportunity to submit a report this time so I did. I assume no personal/PW info sent in that BTW ? Thanks

• Thanks @Wildcat_1. No personal information is sent in with crash reports. I've got the crash report and have started tracking it. Thanks for the heads up!

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni Thanks for the reply

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni Just a quick update, I tried syncing with the latest test versions of both and now I get a new error stating that I am trying to sync with a different vault than originally synced but these are the same vaults that I have been using without issue before. Thanks

• Good morning @Wildcat_1, thanks for getting back to us. As I understand it, the crash is gone, but it's been replaced by an error. Could you send us in a diagnostic report from both your Mac and your iOS device?

On iOS:

Tap on Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Send Diagnostics.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

On Mac:

You can find instructions here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/diagnostics-report

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni, yes you nailed the current issue, crash disappeared, replaced by error. I have already submitted the iOS report just now with links to this thread and handle and will go about doing the same with the Mac version now

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wildcat_1 ,

Thanks so much for sending in that Report. I see that MrRooni has already replied to your email - we'll keep the conversation going directly there so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there.

ref: WWW-63188-927

This discussion has been closed.