Items syncing but no data

Titles show up but contents are empty
For a while now I've had a problem with missing information in 1Password for iPhone. I'm running the latest version of 1Password, both Mac and iPhone, and iOS.

For example, I have my MobileMe account information in 1Password but if I view it on my iPhone all of the fields are completely blank. Credit card information in my wallet is also blank for some cards. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, twp. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

If you have a complete copy of your data in 1Password on your Mac please try resetting the database on your iPhone (Settings > Database), rebuilding your data file on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting), and then setting up Dropbox sync again.

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • Hi Khad,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. Still get blank fields, as in the attached screenshot.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please delete 1Password from your iPhone and then re-download and -install it. This is a particularly persistent problem for a small number of users. :-(

If you are still using the same iTunes account that you used to purchase the app originally, you will be able to re-download the current version for free. Unfortunately, it won't look like it's free until you choose to "buy" it and enter your password. You don't have to take our word for it though. Here is Apple's official support document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Another thing you can do to make sure that you won't have to pay for the app again is to try adding it to your Wish List in iTunes. If you already own the app, iTunes will tell you, "You have already purchased this item" and that you cannot add it to your Wish List.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Another thing you can do to make sure that you won't have to pay for the app again is to try adding it to your Wish List in iTunes. If you already own the app, iTunes will tell you, "You have already purchased this item" and that you cannot add it to your Wish List.

Nice did know that adding it to the old filing cabinet right now. :)
  • khad wrote:

Please delete 1Password from your iPhone and then re-download and -install it. This is a particularly persistent problem for a small number of users. :-(

If you are still using the same iTunes account that you used to purchase the app originally, you will be able to re-download the current version for free. Unfortunately, it won't look like it's free until you choose to "buy" it and enter your password. You don't have to take our word for it though. Here is Apple's official support document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Hi Khad,

I've deleted the app, re-downloaded it from the App Store, then set up Dropbox syncing again and the fields are still blank. Really strange. Any other ideas?

Regards,
    Tom
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Hm. This is really persistent. Could you please verify that you have rebuilt your data file on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…)?

Thanks!
  • khad wrote:

Hm. This is really persistent. Could you please verify that you have rebuilt your data file on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…)?

Thanks!

Yep, rebuilt data file and waited for the changes to sync to Dropbox.

Rebuild it again just now, waited for upload to finish, then waited for download to iPhone and still blank.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please try changing your master password in 1Password on your Mac. (If you change it right back you will not have to reset Dropbox syncing on your iPhone.) This will regenerate the 1password.keys file that is necessary for the decryption of your items' contents. Let me know if that helps.
  • khad wrote:

Please try changing your master password in 1Password on your Mac. (If you change it right back you will not have to reset Dropbox syncing on your iPhone.) This will regenerate the 1password.keys file that is necessary for the decryption of your items' contents. Let me know if that helps.

Changed password on my Mac, locked keychain, unlocked, changed master password back to original one. Loaded on my iPhone and waited for any syncing to finish, but still blank.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then attach the report to an email to support@agile.ws. Be sure to include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots."

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums.

We look forward to resolving this for you.
  • khad wrote:

Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then attach the report to an email to support@agile.ws. Be sure to include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots."

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums.

We look forward to resolving this for you.

Sent it just now. Thanks Khad.
  • I wanted to update this thread to say we found the cause of the problem.

Since the syncing was only broken for a few items I asked Tom to create a brand new MobileMe item and copy over the identical data from the broken item. This new item synced fine, so we knew there was something special about the old MobileMe item.

After some digging Tom realized that the old item was created during one of the early 1Password 3 Betas where we had a half-baked item-customization implementation, before we removed it because of several unforeseen consequences. Tom had used this feature to customize the MobileMe item and once customized, the item could not be synced properly. This was one of those unforeseen consequences I just mentioned :)

If anyone else is experiencing a similar problem syncing a few items and were part of the 1Password 3 Beta testing, try creating new items and copying over the data. Our 1Password 3 Beta was pretty stable, but issues like this remind me why it was called a Beta :)
This discussion has been closed.