1Password Unlock endless loop on 4.2b8

Options
looselyrigorous
looselyrigorous
Community Member

Hello. I decided to opt-in for betas since there exists a (much needed) filling feature.

I've been having a bit of an issue though, in that sometimes when I try unlocking, the app goes into an endless(?) loop of asking my master password. It also seems to unlock the keyring (seeing as it syncs with DropBox after I "unlock").

I tried to see if there's a pattern behind this issue (i.e using the filling function, then trying to check if it gets stuck) to no avail. I also tried to poke around logcat to see if there's something wrong but no luck there either.

This is all running on a Nexus 5. I should point out I am using a Custom ROM. It is however based on the factory 5.0.1 Lollipop (LRX22C) build. and has roughly 9 files differing from it (mostly customization functions), so there's (probably) nothing in it that would lead to this particular bug.

Comments

• Matust
    Matust
    Community Member
    Options

I to have this issue on a Moto x 2013 on kitkat. If I use the 1password keyboard and press the 1password icon on the keyboard, I get stuck in a loop of entering my password into to 1password app.

• Thanks for reporting this to us @looselyrigorous and thank you for investigating into this issue. Multiple users have reported similar behaviours but it is extremely difficult to replicate on our side. If you don't mind, we would love to know which custom ROM you are currently using. I'll pass on the information to our developers. Please keep us updated if you find a pattern or have additional information for replicating this issue. Thanks.

• saad
    edited February 2015
    Options

We suspect this behaviour could be triggered with "Sync automatically" enabled within Settings > Sync. Could you try disabling this option and let us know if that makes a difference?

• saad
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hey @Matust. The 1Password icon is disabled within the 1Password application. Tapping the icon should not do anything. Long pressing the 1Password icon will only display a notification that says "Filling is not available in the main 1Password app". Can you confirm if you are seeing this notification?

• Matust
    Matust
    Community Member
    Options

@saad when I am trying to fill the 1password icon on the keyboard is illuminated. I press the 1password icon and it asks me to put my 1password password in and it loops on that screen.

• Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll pass that information on to our developers as they look into this problem.

This discussion has been closed.