Unable to edit the full text in the NOTES field of a secure note

Options
Wrathwielder
Wrathwielder
Community Member

Hi!

When I bring up a secure note on the iphone, I can see all the text in the notes section, but I'm unable to select a certain portion to copy to the clipboard (when you tap and hold it just selects ALL the text)
So I hit EDIT to go into the note, but it will not show the full text of the notes field - it just show the BOTTOM few lines, and when you try to scroll up it just springs back to the end.

• You can trick it to show more text by keeping a finger on the screen and then scrolling up with another finger, releasing just that finger, and then scrolling up some more, but the minute you release all your fingers, the screen will pop back to the end of the text.

Is this how it's supposed to act and we are to do all the editing on the PC, or should it allow the editing of the larger notes right on the phone?
I'm actually not even wanting to EDIT in this case, just to scroll to the text I need and COPY a few lines, but it eludes me :)

Thanks!

-Greg

Comments

• jgiaime
    jgiaime
    Community Member
    Options

This is the case here, too. Since I rely on secure notes to safely keep confidential data synced between my mac and iphone, I eagerly await a fix or work-around. In my case, I'm running the latest 1Password for both iOS (5.2) and Mac (5.1, apple store version).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Greg ( @wrathweilder ) and @jgiaime ,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. Our developers are currently working to fix this issue and we hope to have it resolved for you soon. Thanks so much for your patience!

• ekevin
    ekevin
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one. It's also been crashing a lot on me. I deleted and reinstalled, but that didn't help. There are also new field entries (one-time password, new section) at the top of my note taking up a lot of space that are more annoying the helpful. I finally figured out that I have to slide it up to get it out of the way, but I still get taken to some arbitrary place in a note without being to scroll around when trying to edit. Seems like QA needs to do a better job of testing! I love 1Password, but stop messing with it!

• Hi @ekevin ,

The reason this is happening is that long notes are forcing the row in the screen to grow too large. So you have a scrollable area within a scrollable area. But the inner one grows larger than the screen so it's difficult to get past it. You can by touching the very left edge of the screen to scroll - it'll scroll the outer area (the entire item screen).

The crashing is due to the inner notes section growing too large.

We are working on both of these issues right now, as well as the inability to select a portion of the text without having to edit the note. This fix will be available soon.

• Wrathwielder
    Wrathwielder
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! Thanks much! :)

-Greg

• downhill52
    downhill52
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Mac 10.10.2 and 1Password 5.1 And iOS 8.1.3. and 1Password 5.2. Suddenly my notes section in three of my secure notes items disappeared on 2 iPhones. MacBook continues to behave as usual. These notes were very lengthy(several pages)**** and contained infrequently used passwords, account information etc. I used the notes section because I needed an area that could be modified from time to time but the items did not justify making logons for it. An iPad mini shows the notes but any manipulation (like hitting edit button) results in a crash of the AP.

• @downhill52,

These sound directly related to the issues @hayesk described above. We're working to get a fix out for these issues.

This discussion has been closed.